Computer HELP!

Epitome

Staff member
My son held the right shift key down for a long time and caused some window to pop up, which I cancelled. Now all these things are changed. When I try and click an icon on the desktop it highlights a pile of icons. When I come to TurboBuick.com and click a link it opens a new window instead of staying in the same window. When I try and click on a thread ALL threads highlight and clicking on each one individually de-highlights it. My system restore button is turned off, so I just can't reset the settings from yesterday. I am using XP. Any help is appreciated.

Hey this is happened to me too when you hit one key it does like 8 things . I just give it a hard boot, when its on hit the on button and hold it till it turns off and it will restore your key strokes .

You can prevent this from happening again by going to Control Panel >> Accessibility Options and turning off FilterKeys and Stickykeys.

Sticky keys can suck sometimes. I had one user who would alway complain about his computer acting up and freaking out on him. I was helping a user next to him one day and noticed he would tap the shift key with the beat of whatever music someone had him listen to while he was on hold. Problem found...

Problem
In
Chair
Not
In
Computer

Easy enough to disable.