concert 2 problems (help please)

kels87gn

I have a factory delco head unit and have changed all speakers to kenwood aftermarket ones(dash, door and rear). I bought the car all original with blown speakers and power antenna broken. I replaced power antenna and got that corrected. I bought speakers from crutchfield to replace the blown factory speakers and now I notice another problem. My factory head unit seems to be losing right side completely. The sound from front and rear right side is considerably lower than the left. I have checked the balance and fader on the radio and that is not the problem. Does that sound like a head unit problem to you and also do you recomend anyone to fix factory radios? I was hoping to keep original looking the car only has 14,000 miles on it.

The frount speakers were 10 ohm so four speakers could be wired to two channels .....you replaced with four ohm kenwood speakers (aftermarket standard), so now your radio has a 2 ohm load per front output channell...way too low......
2nd possibility could be a shorted conections/ wires/ terminals grounding out ....check the audio stickys at the very top of the electronics section

I think I understand. They don't make 10 ohm speakers anymore?so you saying aftermarket speakers are 4 ohm which is too low the way the factory wired them to run off a factory radio? The left side sounds clear and perfect.

So does this modification need to be done no matter what once you upgrade speakers from factory? I was hoping on keeping factory radio.The car is all stock 14,000 miles. I've rechecked wiring at each speaker to make sure I have polarity correct and everything is good. If possible could you call me sometime 404-488-9100 Kel

Do you sell the cs2 harness you mention in the sticky? I'm guessing that harness is located at the back of the radio. I was really hoping to not have to cut any wires if possible.

i can build a harness to put front in series, but the volume is low on front......the best way to deal with the issue is with a set of componets....tweets in dash, mids in doors...
you still may have a short,hopfully the internal amp is ok in the radio...

Thanks are the harnesses needed regardless of whether or not I use original head unit or an aftermarket since it looks like all speakers im looking at are 4 ohm? I did go with kenwood tweeters in the dash (4 ohm) kenwood 5 1/4 (4 ohm) in the door and kenwood 4 x 10 (4ohm) in the rear. Just on other thing I might not have made very clear. The left side front and rear are perfect. The right side front and rear are the one with the lower volume treble type sound not as good.

Thanks are the harnesses needed regardless of whether or not I use original head unit or an aftermarket since it looks like all speakers im looking at are 4 ohm?
I did go with kenwood tweeters in the dash (4 ohm) kenwood 5 1/4 (4 ohm) in the door and kenwood 4 x 10 (4ohm) in the rear. Just on other thing I might not have made very clear. The left side front and rear are perfect. The right side front and rear are the one with the lower volume treble type sound not as good.

yes...some have ran without modified harness with success...
either a grounded out speaker wire,or radio damage has alreay accurred....