Concert II Upgrades

6fire

Hello Bose Gurus:

Do the Concert II systems have amplifiers on all of the speakers or only the door speakers?

I would like to add a nice passive McIntosh CD/Head Unit with no built in amplifier, but I would need all of the speakers to have their own amplifiers.

Any ideas?

Originally posted by 6fire
"Hello Bose Gurus:

Do the Concert II systems have amplifiers on all of the speakers or only the door speakers?"

The only amplifier is the built in deck power in the head unit

"I would like to add a nice passive McIntosh CD/Head Unit with no built in amplifier, but I would need all of the speakers to have their own amplifiers.

Any ideas?"

You can run either a 4-channel or 6-channel amplifier to the factory drivers with a clean signal from the Mcintosh and bring the stockers to life. I have done similar set-ups on many vehicles with factory drivers and the results are quite pleasing.

By the way you asked the question, I think you miss-understand the factory systems.The regal concert sound option is not a delco-bose system. Many people think any better option delco stereo was a bose system, but they aren't. A delco-bose system has amplifiers in each speaker box, & the speakers were made by bose. The delco bose was an option in Corvettes, Rivs, Park ave, & other " High end" GM models, but never a G-body. The regal concert sound option added the 2 door speakers, that are made by Delco & do not have seperate amps, & replaced the original dash speakers with tweeters. HTH, Ron Cavanagh, buickron@aol.com

Originally posted by 6fire
Thanks for the info. I always thought this was an amplied speaker system.

Only if you add your own amplifier. If you need help with wiring one in, just e-mail me for help. I have done quite a few........:)