You can type here any text you want

Connecting Rod Search

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jeff Rand

Putting together a stage 2 and I need a 6.0"- 6.3" long, narrow journal, off center rods (would perfer the 6.3" with a pin of .927"). Not in any rush so if there something that might be available in the future please keep me in mind.
Thanks,
Jeff

Oliver sells a 6" with .927 pin. They have on th shelf you can have in like 3 days.

I believe Childs & Albert has one. I got some for my on-center application (6.25") and I recall them having some for off-centers, too. However, do note that when trying to order you'll probably just have to go by dimensions and then they should be able to find an off the shelf rod that will work. Mine were for a FORD.

Thanks for the replies, I will check out both recomendations. Has anyone used CAT rods? Web site is www.catpep.com They are selling stock length Buick rods for $270. Below is some info. on their products.
Jeff

CONNECTING RODS - 5140 OEM REPLACEMENT
All C.A.T. connecting rods are manufactured from high quality chrome moly forging steel. They are designed for heavy duty and high performance applications with strength 150% over OEM. All rods are equipped with 12 points nuts and bolts to obtain higher tensile strength.

All C.A.T. rods feature:

Rods and caps are forged separately from the highest quality steel to obtain optimum grain flow.

Surface hardness HRB 228-269 to ensure higher tensile strength.

All rods have been treated with magnaflux inspection, stress relieve, and shot peening.

Weight control for each rod within five(5) gram tolerance, and balanced for every set within eight(8) grams tolerance.

8740 bolts with tensile strength over 190,000 PSI.

Center to Center precision manufacturing with tolerances within 0.001" to obtain the best possible performance.

Part Number Application List Price
BUICK 231
CR-231 2.3740" X .9380" X 5.970", Year 79-88 $270

Back