You can type here any text you want

consensus on TE63 injector needs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LETHALV6

I am currently running MSD 50's but cant help feel like it may not be enough injector for the turbo. I have read a few people using 80# and having success but I wanted to check with some other folks in the know. The car seems to lean out at WOT and I get knock at around 15 psi, just want to have the fuel issues worked out while its down.
Thanks.

If you ran the 63 hard you could go beyond the 50's with the alky. It would take a good amount of boost. I wouldnt worry about it till you are trapping 125-126mph. You need a chip burned for the hp you will be making. If your chip is burned for 15psi you wont be able to do much.

I was thinking the chip I have may be way outdated (maybe 10 years old and I cant even remember the make) I have been reading the turbo tweak site and may opt for that chip...if the 50's look light I was just going to buy chip and inj. I may get the injectors cleaned and maybe run new fuel lines (larger) to see how it acts before swapping injectors for something larger.
Thanks again for the info.

Well got a potential curveball this morning, injector guy says these 50's are in pretty bad shape...spray pattern wont really clean up and one of them may have an internal issue (guess I know what one of my problems was)
So, if I have to replace these things anyway....would 60's be a better option ? it seems like people think the 80's would be too much for the car.

Thanks again guys.

Well got a potential curveball this morning, injector guy says these 50's are in pretty bad shape...spray pattern wont really clean up and one of them may have an internal issue (guess I know what one of my problems was)
So, if I have to replace these things anyway....would 60's be a better option ? it seems like people think the 80's would be too much for the car.

Thanks again guys.

Either way makes no difference. Get the chip burned for the intended hp.

FWIW, I run 83s with my T63e and see +/-60% DC @ 27-30psi (mods in sig). I like the cushion they provide in the event something goes wrong; the driveability is fine.

Back