Converter needed for a new set up

hello everyone I am now hooked I took the TR to the track for its first pass after its new upgrades and the numbers weren’t bad but the Mph shows a must faster ET than I ran 12.62 at 112 with a 60’ of 2.06 . I don’t know a whole lot about transmissions for converters so my question is what converter I need and I know I need to have the trans built but I would like to put a converter in it until I can have the trans Built I am now running a 6262 turbo on a mainly stock long block with Alky and front mount Any help would be appreciated thanks guys

I run an AC 16930 with my 6262. ..but I don't recommend it as it takes low gear tuning to get it to 'loosen' up. I run a ton of low gear timing and drag the low gear 02's fairly low. It's not for the faint of heart. :) Spend your money...and spend it once. Call Dusty at PTC and have him spec you a race convertor. You won't miss LU. :)

best thing i ever did was put a PTC converter in my car. Car would take 2-3 sec to get to 25 psi when i went WOT, with my new 17 blade PTC 9.5" NLU it takes less than a second to get to 25 psi. Woke my car up and it's an animal now, i won't go WOT on the street in street tires. I have to roll into the throttle so slowly so i don't blow the tires off, whereas before when i had my old converter in the car with the same combo i could floor it and sit there and watch the boost gauge creep up until it eventually hit max boost. For being such a good converter at the track, it also does very well on the street. Cruising at 60 mph the RPMs are pretty low, i believe around 2400? I know at 45 mph it's at 1700 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

best thing i ever did was put a PTC converter in my car. Car would take 2-3 sec to get to 25 psi when i went WOT, with my new 17 blade PTC 9.5" NLU it takes less than a second to get to 25 psi. Woke my car up and it's an animal now, i won't go WOT on the street in street tires. I have to roll into the throttle so slowly so i don't blow the tires off, whereas before when i had my old converter in the car with the same combo i could floor it and sit there and watch the boost gauge creep up until it eventually hit max boost. For being such a good converter at the track, it also does very well on the street. Cruising at 60 mph the RPMs are pretty low, i believe around 2400? I know at 45 mph it's at 1700 or so.

Yea I know my car has a lot left in it I’m only running 20lbs of boost on Alky and the mph shows it can run a good number I’m going to have to call them , what turbo and stall Converter are you Roland

Sounds like the exact converter recommended to me last week by a very knowledgeable vendor here. PTC 9.5" NLU race converter, especially as I move to the 6262 like the OP has.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yea I know my car has a lot left in it I’m only running 20lbs of boost on Alky and the mph shows it can run a good number I’m going to have to call them , what turbo and stall Converter are you Roland

PTE 6870 3 bolt turbo. The 9.5" PTC convertors aren't sold by stall, as actual RPM where -0- boost is seen can vary by a couple hundred RPM based on a number of other factors in the combo. Just give a call to dusty and get the converter through him, he won't set you wrong. (256) 303-5387

If you know you're going to be pulling the transmission to build it, it only makes sense to do the converter at the same time. Dropping the trans, for me at least, was quite the job. Then again i did it in the garage on jack stands... if you have access to a lift and the right tools you can do it all day long. I just prefer only doing it once, and doing it the right way that first time.

Sounds like the exact converter recommended to me last week by a very knowledgeable vendor here. PTC 9.5" NLU race converter, especially as I move to the 6262 like the OP has.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I drive my car quite a bit on the street, and i have no complaints whatsoever. The one time i've taken it to the track, and one hit i've made off of the transbrake on the street indicate the car has a lot of potential

PTE 6870 3 bolt turbo. The 9.5" PTC convertors aren't sold by stall, as actual RPM where -0- boost is seen can vary by a couple hundred RPM based on a number of other factors in the combo. Just give a call to dusty and get the converter through him, he won't set you wrong. (256) 303-5387

I drive my car quite a bit on the street, and i have no complaints whatsoever. The one time i've taken it to the track, and one hit i've made off of the transbrake on the street indicate the car has a lot of potential

Awesome guys thank you

Chris at CK Performance sells a NL kit. Any transmission shop can install it for you easily. I have a whole whack of hard parts in my transmission from Chris.

PTC 9.5 hands down. I have a 6262 as well and it’s a beast with the new converter.