You can type here any text you want

convertors

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
lpaulabbott said:
http://transmissioncenter.net/200-4R.htm#Torque Converters why are people complaning about these 9x12 convertors

I have a 3K stall Raptor 9X12 in my car right now and I'm replacing it with a 3200 stall 10.5" Protorque. It could be just that it's not properly setup for my car and more for a stock car, but I seem to be blowing through it. Also it takes about 1800-2000 rpms to get the car moving slowly and about 2600+ to get it moving faster. Around town, that's just heating up the ATF. I don't like the sluggish feeling for such a low stall. Also I'm only getting 200-250 rpm drops between shifts per T-link. Otherwise, the boost comes up like lightening and when locked the car pulls like a freight train. It just doesn't appear efficient enough around town or unlocked for me. It will be up for sale soon.

Marc87GN said:
I have a 3K stall Raptor 9X12 in my car right now and I'm replacing it with a 3200 stall 10.5" Protorque. It could be just that it's not properly setup for my car and more for a stock car, but I seem to be blowing through it. Also it takes about 1800-2000 rpms to get the car moving slowly and about 2600+ to get it moving faster. Around town, that's just heating up the ATF. I don't like the sluggish feeling for such a low stall. Also I'm only getting 200-250 rpm drops between shifts per T-link. Otherwise, the boost comes up like lightening and when locked the car pulls like a freight train. It just doesn't appear efficient enough around town or unlocked for me. It will be up for sale soon.
hows the 6152 and is it a pita to install

lpaulabbott said:
hows the 6152 and is it a pita to install

I like the turbo alot. It pulls everywhere and spools well. It wasn't a bad install since I didn't need to clock the compressor. The difficult part of the install is the oil return line. I actually became smart and installed the line first and then fought it a little to mount it to the header. Otherwise, it's not a bad job if you take your time.

Back