You can type here any text you want

coolant resivoir choice

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86Nick

Not your Grandpas' regal
I have installed a SMC alky kit and has a dual fan setup. The resivoir that came with kit was leaking, so it went into trash. Wonder if any one has a good idea for replacement brand resivoir and mounting spot.

I have installed a SMC alky kit and has a dual fan setup. The resivoir that came with kit was leaking, so it went into trash. Wonder if any one has a good idea for replacement brand resivoir and mounting spot.

I'm assuming this is the kit that uses a factory-style radiator coolant recovery tank for the alcohol? If so why not just order a new one of those from one of the many vendors that stock them and convert it to an alky tank? There's Kirban's, GBodyparts, and several others I've seen that have them but can't think of them off the top of my head...I recently ordered one from Kirban's along with windshield washer reservoir...little better deal than GBodyparts.

sounds like a good time to head to a junkyard and get a windhield washer reservoir off something- i don't know how big it needs to be, but the washer tank on early 70's Novas wouldn't look out of place, and it has a seperate steel mounting bracket so you don't have to take any bolts off to remove the tank.
the washer reservoir on my 74 Monte could also be fit somewhere under the hood of a g body, but it is more of an awkward shape.

I have installed a SMC alky kit and has a dual fan setup.

The resivoir that came with kit was leaking, so it went into trash. Wonder if any one has a good idea for replacement brand resivoir and mounting spot.

I dont understand why the SMC kit has a dual fan setup?

As asked already, is it the new style tank or old style round jug?

Back