You can type here any text you want

Cooling fan mod

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dvernst

I did the cooling fan mod in the TTA frequently asked questions, and now when the car is cold or hot.... when I shut it off the passenger side fan runs by itself for a few minutes. As soon as I shut the switch off it shuts off. Any one else's car do this? Thanks

My TTA does that and I do not think the cooling fans have been modified in any way. I believe it shuts off once the engine reaches a certain tempature while cooling down.

My TTA does that and I do not think the cooling fans have been modified in any way. I believe it shuts off once the engine reaches a certain tempature while cooling down.

Mine does it even when the car is cold. If I start it and then shut it off the fan turns on, until I turn the mod switch off.

Mine has always ran a bit after shut off depending on the outside temp. Doesn't do it at all in the winter, but it's doing it now that temps have come up. It's always done that since I got it new in 1990 with no mods till today.

It may have something to do with using the second fan that is used for A/C. Being in Texas, there are days in the winter hot enough to need A/C and that's the only time that the fan will run when I shut it off in the winter.

Of course, when it's above 95 here in Tejas, the fan will run for a few seconds, shut off, then it has been known to run for up to five mintues. "It's Hot, Damn Hot!!!"

I did the mod over a year ago and mine does not run at all after shutting it off. I will say it does help on those hot days.

They run when hot after shutdown because they were designed to.

As were the IC'ed turbo buicks.

Most disable the feature cause the relay goes to hell(on and off at odd times :-)) and your fan runs all nite and you have a dead battery.

Most dont work anymore anyways due to age and deterioration.

later
Jeremy

With the high speed fan mod - switch....Fan will run for 10 min. after the car is shut off with the switch on.

Most disable the feature cause the relay goes to hell(on and off at odd times :-)) and your fan runs all nite and you have a dead battery.

That's the reason I was told when I bought my first GN that a Yellow Top Gel Cell is a must have for a GN.

Back