You can type here any text you want

copper exhaust gasket quick question!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOELKY

sce 4072's??? 1.50 port height, 1.075 port width
sce 4472's?? stock/stock.

these will be going on ported heads.

Copper header gaskets suck.

Smear some orange RTV on the headers and bolt them to the heads. It will never leak again. :wink:

I would have to measure ports on the head, but I sold my spare set. I do have a few sets of coppers at home, I will try to measure them, and compare to my spare headers.

I measured the ports of a mildly ported set of headers and came up with 1.15 wide by 1.40 tall.

I measured two set of copper header gaskets and got:

1.02 w x 1.40 t
and
1.14 w x 1.41 t

I would go with the larger set, and on a set of ported heads/headers, you may have to open up the coppers as well.

Hope this helps! :biggrin:

i keep havin problems with the gasket between the the turbo and exhaust manifold... any tricks for that one ?
thanks!

i keep havin problems with the gasket between the the turbo and exhaust manifold... any tricks for that one ?
thanks!

T-netics has a better gasket than the old copper ones. It is graphite and copper. Call Cotton. File the surfaces flat before installing the new gasket

WOW...maybe im the rare lucky one. I have SCE titan coppers on my TA headers and no leaks. Been a few years now on a DD

Well, I've done the copper silicone and no gasket thing.....not ideal. No I did not machine the exhaust side of the heads, nor did I machine the header flanges, just was out of the question. The stock fel pro metal looking gasket, down right SUCK. the felpro 1400's work good, but everytime I took the headers off, they would eventually flake away, and leave behind gasket material on the heads and headers. So the question I was asking, really wasn't answered, but its alright. I'll just go for the gasket with bigger ports, and hope they are not TOO big?

thanks a bunch.

When I had my headers off I had a guy machine flat the surface or the header & the place where the turbo bolts up..well the turbo leaked bad for some reason so had to use a copper gasket there..seemed to work fine & cant see any black like its leaking anymore..so I guess its OK

Back