Corner Carving !!!

A

AsphaltAnihil8r

Maybe I am over enthusiastic about my last mod to the GN ,,maybe some can verify their results with mine ..I just finished installing the Monte SS frame braces that go from the Engine cradel to the frame rails.this was about a 10 minute install and corners that seem like I can only take at 25mph,I can do at 40mph;) ;) ,course maybe I didnt try to take them corners before cause of a lack of confidence and the old girl had it in her all along!

I added them to my car last year. Previously I had problems with the hood coming out of adjustment where it wouldnt pop. After I added the braces, the problem went away.

I noticed a big difference in the feel of the car when I added those braces. I noticed even more when I added the cross brace that goes under the rad. The car feels so much tighter now and handles alot better.

Is the frame under-radiator cross brace available from somewhere? Obviously it is 'cause you folks have them.......but where can *I* get one....

Originally posted by terryk
Is the frame under-radiator cross brace available from somewhere? Obviously it is 'cause you folks have them.......but where can *I* get one....

Pontiac Grand Prix's have them. Most junkyards have a few.

You need to use spacers or a stack of about 4 large washers and longer bolts to use the crossbrace with the cutlass crossmember "V" bracing.

My sister is selling an 85 grand prix, so I was going to swipe all of the braces out of it before we get rid of it. Does the brace that connects the frame (behind radiator) get in the way of a stock IC? It looks like it will be a tight fit.

I put the braces on a few weeks ago and I love em. before, the car would turn like a minivan but now i can take corners a lot sharper and get on the gas faster:D and the dashboard doesnt rattle when i hit bumps anymore. oh yeah!

I'm still looking for the under radiator connecting brace, but I put the front V braces on, combined with my poly bushings, lowered springs, 7 inch ATR rear sway bar ;) KYBs, and 275 15 BFGs, and my car handles better than my 94 LT1 Formula (or almost!). It's incredible what this thing can take a cloverleaf at.....