You can type here any text you want

Correct GN T-Top Weatherstrip?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Coelacanth

Hi Guys,

Is this the correct weatherstripping for an '86 GN T-Top? The eBay vehicle selector says it will fit, but I don't always have faith in those selectors. I just need the pieces that run up the A-pillar, inward around the T-top perimeter, and down the B-pillar where the side window glass meets the B-pillar.

Also, has anyone used this item and can vouch for the fitment? I've seen numerous posts on here about ill-fitting weatherstripping. Thanks.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/370766056333

The price is right, anyway.

I don't have any experience with that eBay piece. I hunted the earth for original gm pieces. I would ask the eBay seller what is the length. I don't see any 90 degree turns as that sunroof trim should have. Come to think of it, there is no physical way to "coil" it up like that. That honestly looks like the trim that goes around the door itself. That would put it in line with that weatherstrip price. Highway Stars may still be pushing the Fairchild industries t top strips at a good price. Whichever strips you decide on Fairchild , Metro, Soft Seal, etc, please give some feedback to help others. My GM originals were $400 but worth every penny.

I don't have any experience with that eBay piece. I hunted the earth for original gm pieces. I would ask the eBay seller what is the length. I don't see any 90 degree turns as that sunroof trim should have. Come to think of it, there is no physical way to "coil" it up like that. That honestly looks like the trim that goes around the door itself. That would put it in line with that weatherstrip price. Highway Stars may still be pushing the Fairchild industries t top strips at a good price. Whichever strips you decide on Fairchild , Metro, Soft Seal, etc, please give some feedback to help others. My GM originals were $400 but worth every penny.

Back