You can type here any text you want

Could this work ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

88ZNX

Let loose the Boost!!
OK. GM has the 3800 Supercharged and the LC2 3.8. The ECM on the LC2 is obviously outdated. The ECM on the 3800, is the most current technology. Can the 3800 ECM, MAF, and ignition be converted to run a LC2 and have the best of both worlds? I know DFI and the FAST system work well, but just looking at it from a keep your GM car ALL GM standpoint. Anyone know if its possible? I know the engines are different. but they are both Buick V6's that use Boost and have coil packs.

Jason

:confused:

Originally posted by 88ZNX
OK. GM has the 3800 Supercharged and the LC2 3.8. The ECM on the LC2 is obviously outdated. The ECM on the 3800, is the most current technology. Can the 3800 ECM, MAF, and ignition be converted to run a LC2 and have the best of both worlds? I know DFI and the FAST system work well, but just looking at it from a keep your GM car ALL GM standpoint. Anyone know if its possible? I know the engines are different. but they are both Buick V6's that use Boost and have coil packs.

First off, there's nothing at all *bad* about the *outdated* oem ecm. The code is so cleverly done, that it rivals the late faster after market ones. With some work, it can be refashioned to make most any other ecm look dated. Trouble is the work to be cost effective to retail, would make them just too expensive.

As far as using a P4 series of ecm, yes it could be done. You'd want to use a 1228253. WWW.Tunercat.com make an editor for that ecm, and you could set it up for using a real time editor. Downside is the MAF setup isn't very close to what you currently have. BTW, it uses the later high frequency style MAFs. So you'd have kind of built in Translator when you switched to it.

You can also use the Syclone ecm, which is a P4 ecm, just not SEFI. With this ecm the source code is on the net, so you can even rewrite the code if you wanted.

I've run the syclone ecm in my GN just fine. It hasn't been warm enough to play with the 8253 yet.

As far as the OBDII stuff the crank sensors are different, and I haven't had a wiring diagram yet to see if things are compatible.

Back