You can type here any text you want

Couple questions on exuast and carb for turbo

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83TurboGuy

Whynd it up
Would it make a diffrence if I put an ederbrok carb ? And
would duel exuast and a dump pipe make a diffrence too ??
im just woundering before I do it and I dnt know y but
when I take of thetes a rattleing nois its not knocking it just started when I got
my carb rebuilt the displuged a plug but dnt know if that would be it ?????:confused:

when I take of thetes a rattleing nois its not knocking it just started when I got
my carb rebuilt the displuged a plug but dnt know if that would be it ?????:confused:

NO! you dont want to use an edelbrock carb, thier like kryptonite to our cars. I have one on my car and its been a tuning nightmare. your much better off leaving the factory carb on there. if you want get it rebuilt and do some mods to it. gnttype.org has a good recepie for modding the carb. as for a dump pipe, i really cant speak on that. One from an 84/85 might work, but im not 100% sure.

Not sure I understand your question exactly but I have a few for you. Is this a stock 83 or earlier turbo set up or are you running carb only car?

Duals won't work on the stock turbo system unless it's split after the turbo. The turbo gets power from both exhaust manifolds through the cross over that goes under the engine and then up to the turbo. A low restriction exhaust is needed to help power the turbo so yes, a dump pipe would work and you'll have to make it yourself.

Can you give a better discription of where the ratling noise is coming from? It could be the catilitic convertor, flexplate, bell housing bolts, header hitting the suspension from a broken motor mount. I can go on for quite a while on rattles.:biggrin:

As far as an edlecrap, don't The way the carb works is specific and if you've got a CCC carb and system is working right you can't just replace it. The computer controls the air fuel mixture and timing and if you remove a part of it then you have no control to prevent detonation. You can get around it if you've got some of the earlier parts from 78 to 80 but just about everything needs to replaced as far as the carb, distributor, knock sensor, and turbo control center.

Now that I've confused the heck out of you do some research on the car you've got. A good site to begin with is BEFORE BLACK Website and another is petesbuick.html . both of them have great info on the cars and you need to familurize yourself with how they work before screwing the car up.

My t-type is a stock 83 carb turbo on the duel exaust I was planning on making it duel
where the catylac converter sapose to b at thats why im woundering will it
Still make a diffrence ?

The rattling problen cant be the cattlelac converter I dnt have one and I
Recently did the timing but it sound like when its off timing and the .
Bottom of the distribiter is sliping it only happens once I step on it specially
When I get boost then take off all u hear is rattling kinda emberrasing hahaha

charlie knows

not to hijack this thread but I think we need a "charlie have a question section" in b4b section
thread sticky what ever you want to call it that way nerds like me know where to type the bad questions!!!!!! I know only dumb question

but we need it to roll over to save the orig question then be able to add a new question I think everyone would agree this is a hell of an Idea I'll be back to working on my ttype soon and will need a lot of help...........

Truthfully it would be a quick answer thread that will kinda be there for everyone to look back Us red headed step children don't fit in out there

I put it to a vote to all of the b4b guys what do you think wonder how many hit you'll get on this one charlie lol:cool:

dont step on it that is preignition you are hearing.

I have a feeling you may be right Mike. The big question here is whethe the puter is doing it's job or not. If you turn on the key and not start the engine do you hear a clicking in the carb? This means that the mixture soliniod is getting a signal from the puter.

not to hijack this thread but I think we need a "charlie have a question section" in b4b section
thread sticky what ever you want to call it that way nerds like me know where to type the bad questions!!!!!! I know only dumb question

but we need it to roll over to save the orig question then be able to add a new question I think everyone would agree this is a hell of an Idea I'll be back to working on my ttype soon and will need a lot of help...........

Truthfully it would be a quick answer thread that will kinda be there for everyone to look back Us red headed step children don't fit in out there

I put it to a vote to all of the b4b guys what do you think wonder how many hit you'll get on this one charlie lol:cool:

Please don't.:redface: I have enough on my plate with the shop and being a mod on 2 boards now.:biggrin:

My carb does make a clicking sound but the top connector is disconnected
u think that might be the problem

My carb does make a clicking sound but the top connector is disconnected
u think that might be the problem

Top connector on the passenger side, right? That's the mixture solinoid in the carb. That means the carb is running full bore right now and is way over rich. The one on the drivers side is the TPS. That's what the puter needs to control the carb.

So thats probly the problem then im check it out couse
whn I got the carb rebuilt they took it of couse the carb wassent acting
Right do u recomend an elecric fuel pump ?

So thats probly the problem then im check it out couse
whn I got the carb rebuilt they took it of couse the carb wassent acting
Right do u recomend an elecric fuel pump ?

Right now I wouldn't worry about a fuel pump. Hook all the electrical up first and see if things straighten out. Is the check engine light on?

The light goes away when I connect the plug back to the carb
But I trd it and still maid the noise would I have to leve it
For a bit ??

Good. That means all the systems are working. What do you have the timing set at and what grade gas are you using?

I fergot but its set on what the book said and gas just regular couse it guzzles
Alot of ga

I fergot but its set on what the book said and gas just regular couse it guzzles
Alot of ga

I believe we found your knock. The car requires premium super to run right. This may also increase your gas mileage since the car will be able to control the timing better.

Since you're in LA get 5 gallons of E-85 fuel and add it to the gas before filling it the rest of the way with super. Make sure to fill it so that you dilute the regular in the tank now. Aslo make sure it's below 1/8 of a tank.

Back