couple questions

TurboMike

whatever
1. With the new windows version, I can't seem to get the Control-O to overlay a run over the VE tables, etc. Is that gone?

2. How come FAST is set up so you can't save a file without the "box" hooked up. It sure would make it easier to work on a setup at your home PC instead of your laptop hooked to the car.

3. (ok, more than the subject line said) Can i run a Windows version on a box that came with DOS? Example, I have a customer that was setup last year with DOS, can I use the windows update when I tune his car, or do I need to use his DOS?

TIA

Answer to #1:

The overlay feature is fully automatic. Just have a log window open and a table window open at same time. If offline, the overlay will appear, if online, right click on table and turn dash off. Overlay will appear. Index through the overlay by moving the log window cursor. You can edit at the same time you are overlaying.

Answer to #2:

You can save a file without box hooked up if you are not in demo mode. This is same as DOS version. All you need to do is go online with ECU once and C-Com will no longer be in demo mode.

Answer to #3:

Yes. C-Com WP is backwards compatible with older ECUs.

Lance