You can type here any text you want

Couple stage 2 questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

434nova

First is I believe my heads to be 8 bolt champion gn1 can I run a 8 bolt head on a 14 bolt stage 2 block without problems ?

Second question is can I run a stage 2 motor with a wet sump anf if so does the block need to be modified for the wet sump. Thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Yes , you can run 8 bolt heads on the 14 bolt stage block, I think that you just wont benefit from the maximum clamping force that the 14 bolt heads offer. My off center 4.1 has a wet sump on it but my on center does not. DLS and White Racing offer a front pump cover setup that effectively uses you oil pan as storage and pulls the oil from there. Very easy to modify the pan with a few fittings. Do you have a stage block or motor already?

No I dont have a stage 2 block yet. Still looking , I do have a couple 291 4.1 blocks though.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I believe you can probably send the 8 bolt heads back to champion to machine for 14 bolts OR sell the 8 bolt heads and buy a different set.

Please do your homework even if you are "just considering" a stage 2 block /motor because there is so much to learn. Cost is the biggest factor and next would be falling into the trap of trying to piece together the motor. I am sure that everyone on here that posts in the stage 2 section has at least one trophy boat anchor sitting around whether it is a pair of cylinder heads, crank, rods, front cover,block or intake.

I purchase a stage II motor from a guy up here with Grand National heads on it and it did't work out to well, trust me then i put a set of GN-1 heads on it that work well ,but then found out that he sold me the motor with 4 splits in the crank that he said was repaired,that part i did find out till a few years later what a joke he was. Were are no longer friends , I wonder why, Watch what you bi.

Back