You can type here any text you want

cowl induction hoods on regals

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87LimitedT

Just getting started
Im thinking of putting one on my cars but id like to see some pics of some with them on.

Im thinking of putting one on my cars but id like to see some pics of some with them on.

and I'm thinking I should voluntarily send you in for 72 hr hold for a check up, because you are a threat to yourself and others lol!

jk'ing! never been a fan of that hood, times that by 10 when you put one on a GN.

i feel u man. i wanted one too. but never seen one on a GN.. so maybe there is a reason for that?

I agree, something custom would look cool, but not the most identifying hood in CHEVY history. I wish someone made a glass hood with the Turbo bump in it , but about an inch taller. What do you think about that?

Coach

I love my Glastek fiberglass hood:D Some of my gauges are mounted under/inside the back of the cowl.

looks sharp man. like the idea of having the gauges hidden like that..since most people seen my gauge in the street they thing the car is much more than what it is.. and they dont wanna run...sucks. the price u pay for owning a buick gn...no one wants to race..

I love my Glastek fiberglass hood:D Some of my gauges are mounted under/inside the back of the cowl.

I did the same thing a few years ago, i didn't think it looked all that bad but it kind of stood out with a race car look and saying look at me.

But since i also had a fiberglass GN hood i just used it instead for the more stock look but a little less weight and i sold the cowl induction hood. :cool:

looks sharp man. like the idea of having the gauges hidden like that..since most people seen my gauge in the street they thing the car is much more than what it is.. and they dont wanna run...sucks. the price u pay for owning a buick gn...no one wants to race..

Youtube has ruined it for us. No one can tell if your GN runs 13's or 9's...they all look the same.:cool:

Here is a few car pictures

Attachments

• White T-Type Ohio 07.JPG
    White T-Type Ohio 07.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,147
  • 87 Pro street.JPG
    87 Pro street.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 1,227
  • Bob Peterson Ohio.JPG
    Bob Peterson Ohio.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,157
Few more :D

Attachments

• 0494654581011.jpg
    0494654581011.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,110
  • racer-dream.jpg
    racer-dream.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,113
  • 7587215349325.jpg
    7587215349325.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,121
Not a fan of the cowl hoods, but do like that glass hood with (functional?) vents on the top.

Thanks for the pics quick6 the first pic of the white T is perfect since mine is all white im kind of liking it.

I agree, something custom would look cool, but not the most identifying hood in CHEVY history. I wish someone made a glass hood with the Turbo bump in it , but about an inch taller. What do you think about that?

Coach

I think that would be cool. I used an 81 Camaro scoop with the rear opening on my T Type as a temporary hood. Was curious what it would look like if I cut it down and mounted on a flat Regal hood.It's about an inch or so taller than a TR blister.

Attachments

• DSC00066 small.jpg
    DSC00066 small.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 953
  • DSC00070 small.jpg
    DSC00070 small.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 948
  • DSC00019small.jpg
    DSC00019small.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 971
if you put a cowl hood on a regal it better serve a clearence purpose.. they just dont belong on regals and cutlass..

here is my custom cowl hood. i molded a z28 scoop onto a regal hood.

Attachments

• user20554_pic456_1260918194.jpg
    user20554_pic456_1260918194.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 899
  • ghdfdf.jpg
    ghdfdf.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 914
Whud jew say bout my cowl hood boy??

Attachments

• joe dirt.jpg
    joe dirt.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 2,845