Cpt 70

V8killR4U

Well I finally got around to driving the car around to work the bugs out and i must say the CPT 70 I just bought off Jack works pretty damn good. I only have the boost at 15lbs and the thing pulls like my old set up in my sig at 25-28 lbs on higher timing. Im only running 18 * timing now. Cant wait to work the bugs out and turn up the boost and up the timing. I think this thing is gonna be scary fast. My notor fully built. Guess I need to change my sig now. :D

Sounds good! I've got the same turbo sitting in the box waiting for me to get my motor together. That 70 sure is big. When I pulled it out of the box I nearly fell over, couldn't get over the size. What stall are you using? I see it's a 9-11, but what stall? Trying to figure out if I need to send my Vigilante off for a restall.

Well I sent mine off to get restalled from a 3000 to 3600. I got it back with a 3300 stall. The guy that builds them, forgot his name said he had been having problems stalling them that high and assured me id be satisfied with what i got back from him, and im pretty satisfied with thus far. Most people were recommending at least a 3500-3600 stall though? Go figure

Just took me T-netics bb70Q out for my first ride. I have the Vigilante 6 pump ( rated at 3,400-3,600 ). Was a little concerned with spool up using the Q-----but not now. This combo spools like mad. If there was lag, I couldn't tell. Just for laughs, when I got back to the shop, I realized that my Greddy was set a 0 start boost after being unplugged for the winter. If this thing spools with the wastegate popping open that early, can't wait to see what it does with the wastgate being clamped 'till 13 lbs., which is were I usually keep it. ( stikin' rain has to stop ).

Just got my 70 yesterday and agree with Donnie the thing is huge. I immediately broke out the aluminum polish and hit the compressor side til the shine was blinding. Sure takes the pain of not being at the Buick Nationals away a little bit.

I'm in the same boat as Donnie as I have a long way to go before I can hear the tubine wine of this baby monster. I still have to get a converter and A heavy duty actuator. Long long way to go .Guess I'll have to be happy with polishing and secure in knowing the the days of turbo envey are over.:D

Originally posted by Hotshoe
Just got my 70 yesterday and agree with Donnie the thing is huge. I immediately broke out the aluminum polish and hit the compressor side til the shine was blinding. Sure takes the pain of not being at the Buick Nationals away a little bit.

I'm in the same boat as Donnie as I have a long way to go before I can hear the tubine wine of this baby monster. I still have to get a converter and A heavy duty actuator. Long long way to go .Guess I'll have to be happy with polishing and secure in knowing the the days of turbo envey are over.:D

I got my bottom end together last:D I'm gettin' closer!

Still raining!!!! Man I want to get this thing back out for a run. Atleast I had time to build my air box, being how I can't ride.

hi

So are the BB turbos not rebuildable????????? I am considering a CPT 66 or maybe a 70 if my 3200 911 would spool a 70 is the big?? But for 1500 bucks on something you cannot rebuild if this is so , is kinda risky!!!! I know turbonetics builds some nice stuff an there a 1 yr warranty just wondering about the rebuild thing if its true..

Turbonetics will rebuild them.Its expensive though.

IMHO youre asking for problems putting a non billet 9x11 behind that much power.

Id stay with your te61 if youre not wanting to upgrade convertors.

They are absolutely rebuidable by Turbonetics, as for the price, check my shopping cart out, I think you are off a little bit on the pricing...... give me a call if I can help.

Hmmm... I can wait to drive mine. I bought a T70 q-trim BB from jack. Using a 3600 stall convertor. I like what i hearing. I really plan on putting the smack down on all these IMPORTS. Oh, i can see it now. alot of feeling are going to be hurt. waiting for tires now and paint shop to complete the finish.

oh and i do plan on stopping a few HEARTBEAT...LOL.

I also have run the CPT70bb Qtrim in my TSM car. I still run run the iron heads. I also run the precision multi disc with 0 pump. From my siginature you can see how well it runs. It will 60' in the sub 1.4's so there's no problems with lag. There's more left in my combo but I kicked a rod before I got it sorted out.

JCotton said:
They are absolutely rebuidable by Turbonetics, as for the price, check my shopping cart out, I think you are off a little bit on the pricing...... give me a call if I can help.

Unless i am a moron---which IS a good possibilty---i don't see the cpt-70 listed on your website????? Am i missing it.

Geoff

Jeff, it's tooo big to fit on the page! HaHa. Call Jack.

Phil, the 0 pump is rated at 3,200-3,400 ---correct?

steveX said:
MAX PSI 10.08 ET is quick for a street car :eek: , but i am hoping to cut high 9`s with C16.
He went 10.08 on race gas. TSM cars don't fcc around with with anything less. :D

Hoping for a certain time is one thing, getting a 10.08 on video tape is another. Phil car was flying for a 3,750 pound turd. :cool: