You can type here any text you want

Crane 214/210 hydraulic roller cam ???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

m6z

Can anyone shed some light on this? My car came with a crane 214/210 roller cam. Can anyone tell me how the cam was retained or if the comp cams roller button will work as a replacement? No one at Crane can tell me anything about it.

Thanks in advance,
Doug

I have the same cam...mine came as a kit from ATR...it does use a roller cam button on the nose...but have no idea if the button is from Comp?...I do remember that the cam button that came with the kit was larger than the buttons I've used before for flat tappet/stock cams...maybe give Aggressive
Auto a call...they used to be a supplier/vendor for ATR stuff...they may know what cam buttons are compatible or maybe even have one...other place would be Cottons...

That is a billet cam. I know of 2 methods used. There is a few more though. ATR provided pieces to make it work if it was in an ATR kit. RPM Performance Parts had a setup to make it work too from the rear of the cam with a torrington bearing and spacer setup however I think they are gone?

This is a great cam grind!:biggrin:

We use it in flat tappet, billet solid roller and hydraulic roller versions. It could be an ATR or another brand, and we have used different ways to retain it.

Even if it is a Crane cam, it was probably machined for retention by the engine builder, depending on the method he would choose.

So the only way to find out what parts are needed to install it is to have someone qualified to check it out for you. [maybe with a pic?]:confused:

Back