You can type here any text you want

crane cams roller tappets #62518-2

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bpman1234

hi i have these thereb brand new and just want to know if anybody has ever used them with a roller cam or does any one know if i can used them with a hydrolic roller cam need to know before i put then in my fresh from machine shop moter .can anyone please help thanks in advance .

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 221
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 239
Those lifters may uncover the oil gallery in a stock 109 block. They will work in a Stage 2 block or if you bush the lifter bores.

Dave

They will work, but keep the lift under .540" I have used them before my oil pressure was ok. It depends also on the base circle dia of the cam so its hard to say yes or no. Set valve lash to .006-.007

hey thanks guys for your info the lifter bores were bushed by my machine shop getting the 206/206 billet cam so the lift isnt that big but not really sureon what the lift is but what ever it is i know the 1.65 rockers will make it a little bigger .still have to get the springs to mach the cam .and after i put the heads on i have to measure for the correct lenght pushrods .have been thinking on what head gasket to go with rjcs or cometics on the gn1s 8 bolt head.please give me more input thanks again norbs and turbodave .

They will work, but keep the lift under .540" I have used them before my oil pressure was ok. It depends also on the base circle dia of the cam so its hard to say yes or no. Set valve lash to .006-.007

Assuming your building a 109, why did your machine shop bush the lifter bores? With a little shaft(206), bushing the lifter bore isn't necessary. If you are going to use a solid lifter in conjunction with a billet cam shaft, you can put a good size spring on your GN1 heads. I use a PAC BBC beehive setup. Also, I use cometics with studs on my M&A aluminum heads without a problem.

yea i went and checked the the worksheet they just honed the bore not bushed, so the behives pac bbc wil work on the gn1s whats the lode on those springs the person selling me the cam said that he used the comp 941-12 but he had cast head dont know if that spring will fit on the gn1s if not then i would have to get the bbc behive pac .like cme2fly stated .so i would have to set the valve lash at .006-.007 at tdc.like norbs stated .man guys thanks for your time really needed your experience hear .thanks again.

yea i went and checked the the worksheet they just honed the bore not bushed, so the behives pac bbc wil work on the gn1s whats the lode on those springs the person selling me the cam said that he used the comp 941-12 but he had cast head dont know if that spring will fit on the gn1s if not then i would have to get the bbc behive pac .like cme2fly stated .so i would have to set the valve lash at .006-.007 at tdc.like norbs stated .man guys thanks for your time really needed your experience hear .thanks again.[/QUOT

I want to say that I had around 220 at the seat at a 1.800 install height with the PAC beehive. I don't use comp springs but, I'm sure comp has a decent bbc spring available. With a 206 cam I wouldn't be to worried about exposing the lifter oil galley due to the fact your cam is probably around .490-.500 lift. As Norbs stated I would stay below .540 lift, unless your planning on bushing the lifter bores.

lifters

ok thanks guys it is a hydrolic roller cam so i can use these tappet on them so long i dont go over 540 lift and the lash at .06-.07 thanks did one of you say that you used these tappets on m&a heads with cometics what length was your push rods ? i would guess that that would depend on the lift of the cam .so it most likley wouldnt be the same.thanks again .

ok thanks guys it is a hydrolic roller cam so i can use these tappet on them so long i dont go over 540 lift and the lash at .06-.07 thanks did one of you say that you used these tappets on m&a heads with cometics what length was your push rods ? i would guess that that would depend on the lift of the cam .so it most likley wouldnt be the same.thanks again .

If your cam is a billet core then you can use the solid roller lifters. I wouldn't worry about valve lash at this point in the game. Your cam probably doesn't have enough lift to expose the lifter oil gallery. Push rod length is going to vary depending on application.

ok thanks once i put the heads on i will measure with the tool from full throttle for the pushrods .thanks again guys .

Back