You can type here any text you want

crankin problems

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

curbboi

Hello everyone i'm searching for a little info about an cranking issue that i have wit my 85 t-type. First it began wit my oil pump failed on me so i replaced the oil pump gears wit the shims. i packed the gears wit vasoline. The car continued to crank but wasn't circulating any oil. I decided to repeat the step only to find out that the shims had binded up in the gears and broke the connecting teeth off of the gear shaft where it hooks to the sensor. so i replaced the gears without the shims but now the car acts like it doesnt want to start. it act like it has a dead battery but its not the battery. so im asking anyone if they have any info for me. thanks! p.s. how do i convert my hot air car into intercool?:cool:

shims

Hello everyone i'm searching for a little info about an cranking issue that i have wit my 85 t-type. First it began wit my oil pump failed on me so i replaced the oil pump gears wit the shims. i packed the gears wit vasoline. The car continued to crank but wasn't circulating any oil. I decided to repeat the step only to find out that the shims had binded up in the gears and broke the connecting teeth off of the gear shaft where it hooks to the sensor. so i replaced the gears without the shims but now the car acts like it doesnt want to start. it act like it has a dead battery but its not the battery. so im asking anyone if they have any info for me. thanks! p.s. how do i convert my hot air car into intercool?:cool:

when you build a HV pump the shims are there just to make sure you have proper clearance around the gears when you drill the pilot pins, and then you have to remore the shims
j

Back