You can type here any text you want

Creaking and groaning TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hardway

When I start up the TTA I let it sit and warm up a little. After doing so when I turn the wheels and put in reverse I can hear this groaning sound coming under the car on the driver side. The car is a t-top car so some creaking is to be expected but when I go over speed bumps mine is pretty excessive it sounds like. Some sub frame connectors are definitely in my near future but I am trying to see what is causing all of this. I have already installed a new poly ES trans mount. Does anyone elses TTA do this?

I did this past weekend. Everything under the car looks to be in good shape and I can see some new pieces have been put on. This sound and feeling is more major than just bushings or grease, I can feel the motor torquing away from the car on the driver side, or atleast that is how it feels. It's hard to describe. I am going to see if I can get some of the guys in car club to take a look at it and get their opinion.

I would try checking all the eng and tranny mounts first.

sounds like what it is, especially with the rocking of the engine.

later
Jeremy

I am starting to lean towards a motor mount too. I know the trans mount is fine since I just replaced it. I will post my findings after the holiday. Thanks guys.

Back