You can type here any text you want

Crossover pipe leak

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wicked WE4

My crossover pipe has an exhaust leak at the header flange, I have removed it to replace the oil pan gasket. There is no gasket and flange was fully tightened, is there anything that can be done to help it seal better?

My crossover pipe has an exhaust leak at the header flange, I have removed it to replace the oil pan gasket. There is no gasket and flange was fully tightened, is there anything that can be done to help it seal better?

once you get the 4 crossover bolts started , run them up evenly. Get them all 4 hand tight...loosely. wiggle the crossover as you are making your last round to get them good and hand tight ...until you can't wiggle it. Then tighten then a 1/4 turn each until they are all tight.

I have put a thin layer of the copper RTV around the flange before, but you shouldn't need it.

once you get the 4 crossover bolts started , run them up evenly. Get them all 4 hand tight...loosely. wiggle the crossover as you are making your last round to get them good and hand tight ...until you can't wiggle it. Then tighten then a 1/4 turn each until they are all tight.

I have put a thin layer of the copper RTV around the flange before, but you shouldn't need it.

If you use the RTV leave it to cure for a day before you start the car. It works well if the pipe is just off a bit or slightly out of round.

check the dounut on headers and openings on x-over pipe if they are not round remove and take to muffler shop. Shop has a machine to make round again.

Back