You can type here any text you want

cruise control removal?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gnon18s

Is there anything special I need to know about removing my cruise control unit? It looks like one plug, two vacum lines, and the cable going to the throttle body. Do I just undo everything and plug the vacum lines? I'm just looking to declutter under the hood a little bit!

I "think" the speedo cable comes from the transmission, loops into the cruise module, and then a different cable loops out to the speedometer. You might want to confirm that before taking off the other pieces. I'm not sure if there's a piece you can buy to bridge the cables or not (I've never tried to do anything like that).

The speedometer cable is a two piece design, but it does not go through the cruise. I know that because I had to have a custom speedo cable made for my autometer speedometer.(I got rid of the stock guage cluster years ago.) But thanks for the reply.

I just yanked my cruise control out. Toughest part is removing the vac line the runs inside the car.

Back