CSII 5.25" replacement fit

tminer

Not quite normal
Will most 5.25" speakers fit in the CSII door? There seems to be a lot of depth but Crutchfield list very few speakers that will fit. I am hoping that they are not taking the CSII into consideration, just the non-CSII that don't have the "box" (at least I think they don't!).

Thanks,
Tom

Not for sure what fits honestly. I tried to stuff in a vifa 5" for fun and it was close but WAY too deep.

I dont exactly know what to tell ya, i can make a 6 fit if I want too. Its just a matter of how far you wanna fabricate etc...

Thanks - Evan

If I recall I used a pair of CV's that didnt take much work to put in. There were SOME mods, but Im NOT a custom installer! IOW, anyone could do it.

Shawn

I remember dconner saying that he used the Vegas and they fit quite well. As long as the 5.25 is not deeper than the factory driver, you shouldnt have any problems.

The Cerwin Vega Stealth Series speakers work well because they are made for shallow mounting depth situations. Don't remember exactly how much room we have to play with before the window assembly interferes... but it's only like 1/8" beyond the depth of the stock speakers!

Doug C.

I used a set of 2 way Eclipse with the angled tweeter. They are the exact depth of the factory speaker. Worked for me.........