Curious about upgrades...tell me what you know.

dgreen1069

Is there any downside to alky? Where does the alcohol enter the engine? Do you have to drill a hole into the intake or what? If you had a completely stock car, knowing what you do now, what mods would you make........lets say you have $1500 to spend on go fast parts. List your parts in the order you would buy them.

?

I would start like this
injectors, with stock stuff at least 50's
fuel pressure regulator,adjustable
adjustable waste gate actuator
a good exhaust, no cat, pref. th 3"dp
fuel pump, 340 walbro.
cold air intake, used to go cheap if you could w/k&n
a boost gauge
then the alky if you have the cash left.
the alky goes through the up pipe into the intake.

dgreen1069 said:
Is there any downside to alky? Where does the alcohol enter the engine? Do you have to drill a hole into the intake or what? If you had a completely stock car, knowing what you do now, what mods would you make........lets say you have $1500 to spend on go fast parts. List your parts in the order you would buy them.

Prior to buying ANY gofast parts..... need to buy a scan tool (I like DirectScan for tuning at the track)

1st upgrade: fuel pump (like walbro 340) w/hot wire kit and adjustable FP regulator
2nd upgrade: valve springs (comp 980's)
3rd upgrade: Alky kit and TurboTweak alky chip and adjustable WG actuator
4th upgrade: (must be installed soon after 3rd upgrade :D) 26x10x15 slicks

At this point.... you have enough to go 11's on pump gas at 23 psi if it is tuned properly..... and you have definately spent less than $1500 if you do the work yourself.

?

Blazer406 said:
Prior to buying ANY gofast parts..... need to buy a scan tool (I like DirectScan for tuning at the track)

1st upgrade: fuel pump (like walbro 340) w/hot wire kit and adjustable FP regulator
3rd upgrade: Alky kit and TurboTweak alky chip and adjustable WG actuator
4th upgrade: (must be installed soon after 3rd upgrade :D) 26x10x15 slicks

At this point.... you have enough to go 11's on pump gas at 23 psi if it is tuned properly..... and you have definately spent less than $1500 if you do the work yourself.
dont you think that would be a bad move if the cam and lifters are not replaced along with? you would wear the cam lobes down.. and I forgot to mention the chip, that would help :D

TURBOELKY said:
dont you think that would be a bad move if the cam and lifters are not replaced along with? you would wear the cam lobes down.. and I forgot to mention the chip, that would help :D

I don't think so. I believe the consensus is to replace your stock valve springs... even if your car only has 50k miles.... if you are trying to do performance mods. I replaced them in mine as soon as I got it... and it had 139k miles. I of course recommend you get other peoples opinion too... but I believe there are probably more people here on the boards that have replaced just the valve springs w/o replacing the cam than the other way around......

just my 0.02

Back