You can type here any text you want

Curious about upgrades...tell me what you know.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dgreen1069

Is there any downside to alky? Where does the alcohol enter the engine? Do you have to drill a hole into the intake or what? If you had a completely stock car, knowing what you do now, what mods would you make........lets say you have $1500 to spend on go fast parts. List your parts in the order you would buy them.

?

I would start like this
injectors, with stock stuff at least 50's
fuel pressure regulator,adjustable
adjustable waste gate actuator
a good exhaust, no cat, pref. th 3"dp
fuel pump, 340 walbro.
cold air intake, used to go cheap if you could w/k&n
a boost gauge
then the alky if you have the cash left.
the alky goes through the up pipe into the intake.

dgreen1069 said:
Is there any downside to alky? Where does the alcohol enter the engine? Do you have to drill a hole into the intake or what? If you had a completely stock car, knowing what you do now, what mods would you make........lets say you have $1500 to spend on go fast parts. List your parts in the order you would buy them.

Prior to buying ANY gofast parts..... need to buy a scan tool (I like DirectScan for tuning at the track)

1st upgrade: fuel pump (like walbro 340) w/hot wire kit and adjustable FP regulator
2nd upgrade: valve springs (comp 980's)
3rd upgrade: Alky kit and TurboTweak alky chip and adjustable WG actuator
4th upgrade: (must be installed soon after 3rd upgrade :D) 26x10x15 slicks

At this point.... you have enough to go 11's on pump gas at 23 psi if it is tuned properly..... and you have definately spent less than $1500 if you do the work yourself.

?

Blazer406 said:
Prior to buying ANY gofast parts..... need to buy a scan tool (I like DirectScan for tuning at the track)

1st upgrade: fuel pump (like walbro 340) w/hot wire kit and adjustable FP regulator
3rd upgrade: Alky kit and TurboTweak alky chip and adjustable WG actuator
4th upgrade: (must be installed soon after 3rd upgrade :D) 26x10x15 slicks

At this point.... you have enough to go 11's on pump gas at 23 psi if it is tuned properly..... and you have definately spent less than $1500 if you do the work yourself.
dont you think that would be a bad move if the cam and lifters are not replaced along with? you would wear the cam lobes down.. and I forgot to mention the chip, that would help :D

TURBOELKY said:
dont you think that would be a bad move if the cam and lifters are not replaced along with? you would wear the cam lobes down.. and I forgot to mention the chip, that would help :D

I don't think so. I believe the consensus is to replace your stock valve springs... even if your car only has 50k miles.... if you are trying to do performance mods. I replaced them in mine as soon as I got it... and it had 139k miles. I of course recommend you get other peoples opinion too... but I believe there are probably more people here on the boards that have replaced just the valve springs w/o replacing the cam than the other way around......

just my 0.02

Back