You can type here any text you want

currie 9 inch and drive shaft

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2QUICK2B6

Black Car Fever
how much is the complete bolt in Currie 9 inch rearend with disc brakes?
and how much is Dennys drive shaft to make it all work ?

My understanding was the previous owner spent 2500 for the rear and 800 on the driveshaft.

One can do the 9 inch for less.. The housing/tq arm bracket/and axles are approx 1000. You can buy a center section on ebay for like 350-500 with a Posi 3.25 gear. Using the stick brakes that are on the TTA.

Depends on how much time one has and is willing to figure it out.

My old TTA still runs the 9 bolt. Tonite that car ran 11.030 at 123 driven to the track and back home..

Mine sat home taking a break for next week.

If you keep the 60 foot in the 1.6 or slower.. that 9 bolt will live a very very long time.

2500 for the rear and 500 for a good alum driveshaft ... hmmmm I "might" have an extra one here next week :eek: .. one thing I will say about Currie and Moser 9"s for our cars ...they fit nice !! :biggrin: and ya there is allways a "cheaper" way to do it :rolleyes: :eek:

83ttypecooled said:
Hi,
Lincoln Versailles, right Grumpy?Hard to find these days.

Width is wrong, you'll also need the TQ arm bracket, the brackets for the lower control arms as well, and really should get the Torino housing which is the thicker tubing.

If your tryng to do it on the cheaps.. the cheapest/reliable is getting the housing and axles from Moser.. then hunting down a 3rd member like on ebay.. that can get the job done for 1/2. Then get your new driveshaft :redface:

hahahahaha...nothing that old up here still around !!! well except for me :rolleyes: I would get a housing from a well known co ... then go from there like Julio said :cool:

Back