custom chip??

JCSTTA

USAF
I'm trying to get my car to pass emissions and can burn my own chips. Using my factory bin can I just change the injector constant to match my 50#'s and be good? All the custom chips I have don't use egr so I'm trying to go this route. Just wanting to make sure that just changing the injector constant will make my car run really close to stock.
TIA!

That's a good start. You can search the archives and see other posts I've made on what I do in my emissions chip. I would raise all the PE thresholds to their max so the engine can't get into PE mode, so if you get a heavy-footed dyno driver you are still okay (and since all the pe fueling will be wrong anyway). Also, for safety zero out the wastegate duty cycle vs. rpm table, which depending on your wastegate rod setting will limit your boost to about 12 psi or so, in case you forget and mash down too far with this chip. Start with the bbkj emissions recall chip as your base, instead of the original acxa chip.

Another question. I really don't like the way my custom chip makes my car run when its cold. By adjusting the injector constant would it be okay to run a factory chip? I want my car to run as close to factory as possible for everyday use.

Originally posted by JCSTTA
Another question. I really don't like the way my custom chip makes my car run when its cold. By adjusting the injector constant would it be okay to run a factory chip? I want my car to run as close to factory as possible for everyday use.

Change the open loop AF to 13.2ish, change the timer and closed loop enable temp to 009A and 68. I wanna say $3403 and $3404, but I'd haveta look it up to be 100% sure. That says start the timer at I think it was 111 degrees and count out 150 secs. I know it worked great for me.

If you want, I can send you the bin I used in my car which passed ASM 5015 w/o a cat, when I get home from work.

Jim

Originally posted by JCSTTA
No, because the PE fueling will be too lean. The chip would run fine in closed loop, but once you hit pe it will almost certainly be too lean. Also, be careful if you try one of those emissions images from gnttype - last time I looked they had some antitamper code that turns off all fuel when you hit pe mode.

So is this chip that I have made with the factory image and a 50# injector constant going to be okay to drive down for emissions testing? Don't plan on racing or even getting into the boost, just want to freaking pass!!!