custom subwoofer box

tonys87

just got the car back from a local stereo shop..and i have to say that im really happy with the look and how it fits. the carpet in the box is off but it was either that or a darker one. i will look around to see if i can find material that matches better. its a port thru box for 2 12'' subs and it still had enough room in the back for the amps. what do you guys think?

Attachments

• CIMG0306.jpg
    CIMG0306.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 3,589
  • CIMG0305.jpg
    CIMG0305.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 2,401
  • CIMG0304.jpg
    CIMG0304.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 2,821
looks good!
not matching, but contrast is fine.

got my subs going in next week, can't wait.

nice!!

I like that subbox.
Have you the dimensions and design of it available?
I'd like to see something like that in my trunk.
Are you using the rear deck speaker locations as well as the subs?
Thanks
Jim

jim, the rear speakers are still being used,thats what i really liked about the box . it was made to just slip in without interfering with anything. the box is coming out tomorrow.ill get all the demensions for you.

I like that subbox.
Have you the dimensions and design of it available?
I'd like to see something like that in my trunk.
Are you using the rear deck speaker locations as well as the subs?
Thanks
Jim

X2

That is a really nice box! I had a box that fit like that in my N/A Regal years ago until someone wanted it alittle more than I did:rolleyes:. It fit on that ledge like yours, but in now way looked as good as that one!

jim, the rear speakers are still being used,thats what i really liked about the box . it was made to just slip in without interfering with anything. the box is coming out tomorrow.ill get all the demensions for you.

Thats good news,
thanks
Jim

well after actually putting the ttops in the trunk there's still not enough room for the ttops need one more inch:mad:. so im going to have to ditch the box and maybe just get 10s''

well after actually putting the ttops in the trunk there's still not enough room for the ttops need one more inch:mad:. so im going to have to ditch the box and maybe just get 10s''

That was one of the reasons I kept mine up on that upper deck area. I can still get the tops in the trunk in the bags.

I don't own a T-top car but wouldn't it be possible for someone to make a bracket to mount the tops to the deck lid? Just thinking out loud here.

Bryan

Philly, that looks great and I wanted to do sorta the same thing. Any dimensions on that box you'd like to share?

nice

that custom label looks sweet on the fabric, X2 about the amp, JL's i bet those puppies HUM. wonder just what you got pushing them, good ideas just make sure your amp has air or is big enough. i hate it when an amp will cut out in 20-30 mins at the level you listen to it at.

Philly, that looks great and I wanted to do sorta the same thing. Any dimensions on that box you'd like to share?

Look up Jon Carr on the boards. It was him and his buddy who built it. I SUCK when it comes to carpentry. I could measure that box 75 times and give you 75 dimensions! lol They were going to start building them.

that custom label looks sweet on the fabric, X2 about the amp, JL's i bet those puppies HUM. wonder just what you got pushing them, good ideas just make sure your amp has air or is big enough. i hate it when an amp will cut out in 20-30 mins at the level you listen to it at.

I do the embroidery so I can put anything you want on any carpet. Just send me the carpet with the area marked off in chalk and I'll put whatever logo you want on there! The AMP is an ALPINE PDX-1.1000 I have'nt used it much so I'm not sure how it will hold up! I just took a guess and figured that would be a good amp to drive them.

price

price of a box that they charge, i've been quoted 150-400 depending on complexity. the box with the jl's looks like a solid piece carpeted over and mounted to a regular box that fit like a glove which makes it look great. i still think the centered GN symbold is a nice touch.

My T Tops fit fine with my 12" subs, but of course you can't really put 12" subs in a T top car unless sound quality is not much of an issue or your gonna leave the t tops home. I got free subs and amp a while back and put it in mine for show, its fully inclosed and works fine but doesn't have enough room for the sound to travel in the box, so it sounds good but not great. But I almost never use the radio when I drive my GN so again it, I built mine for show.

n1034275993_71074_5180.jpg

My T Tops fit fine with my 12" subs, but of course you can't really put 12" subs in a T top car unless sound quality is not much of an issue or your gonna leave the t tops home. I got free subs and amp a while back and put it in mine for show, its fully inclosed and works fine but doesn't have enough room for the sound to travel in the box, so it sounds good but not great. But I almost never use the radio when I drive my GN so again it, I built mine for show.

View attachment 82295

Box dimensions??

Box dimensions??

mine was the first prototype I designed, a few years ago so the dimensions was as big as the whole upper deck would let me. Which with 12" subs is not quite enough for good sound. We were thinking about building some 10" sub boxes but there's not much a market for them, so my friend didn't see the point in making anymore. Jim's was the prototype for the 10'' subs we made.