Cutlass Gauges

87bigcut

I am swapping a 87GN motor into a 87 cutlass and have a question. In the back of my rallye pac there is a boss for a VSS sensor but the screw hole is missing, and the hole the sensor "sees" through is missing. Can I just drill some holes and make it work? Or does the speedo not have the ability to send a VSS signal?

Joe

I have already tried realoldspower.com and no responses.

It should have a VSS... but then again, I havent seen every gbody built.

The TCC works off vehicle speed, so I dont see the vehicle not having one... unless it uses a different style... Have you checked behind the glovebox?

The vss sensor is in the dash behind the gauges because I had it hooked up to the original sweeping speedo cluster. I dont think they used different styles

Joe

to answer your question, check to see if the rallye pac has the "wheel" under where the VSS goes...

I played with these rally pacs before. If the pac came from a pre-1981 car then it doesn't have the vss as they didn't have a computer. Looking at the speedo face most of the ones that were 81 and later had blue km numerals previous some I seen did and some were brown. I liked the brown numerals ( had a brown interior) so I switched dials with the correct vss speedo.