Cutlass Swap

87bigcut

OK, so I have started the turbo buick swap into my 87 cutlass. Right now I am working on getting the dash harness out. I never realized how many wires acutally had to be removed to do this.

Is the easiest way to do this swap to get a GN dash harness and splice the two together? Will anything just plug right in like heater controls or at least the steering column plugs that control wipers and blinkers etc?

Was there every any navy blue T-type interiors that I could get a dash from to make this easier? IIRC a t-type dash will install in place of the cutlass dash.

Any pointers would be appreciated because everytime i turn around there are 3 more plugs to disconnect and label. I am just hoping that the GN dash harness is similar or I am in for some major wiring.

Thanks,
Joe

Steering collum is standard GM since about '67 so that shouldn't be a problem. Having not done one of these yet I can't tell you about the rest of the harnesses but I'd be willing to bet the cluster harness is different and the Climate control might be aswell but not terribly. If you can get the pins out of the plastic plugs on both cars, you could take your Cutlass plugs and take the pins out of it and then put the corresponding pins from the GN harness into it as they should have all the same functions except for the booste gauge. If you want to get really simple, Casper's can make you a new one with the correct pin outs to plug right in, but thats money that you might not want to spend.