You can type here any text you want

Cylinder Head ID help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FullAuto

I have two sets of cylinder heads. I'm trying to figure out what they are. One set is new and bare. The other set is used and complete. I thought they were the same thing, but on closer inspection, they seem to have several differences. I do not currently own a GN, but plan on buying another. I'd like to keep 1 set and sell the other set. The new, bare set of heads are wrapped in bubble wrap in separate boxes from Champion. The used set appear to be ported, have adapter plates on the exhaust ports and have T&D shaft mount rockers. Other than that, I have no idea what they are. Any help would be appreciated.

Below in red, the new head (right) has extra material. It appears maybe the used head was clearanced for something. In yellow, the new head has some kind of pedestal it looks like for maybe rocker mounts(?). In green, it appears the used head has been ported.

The used head has a plug in the end. Neither new head has a plug.

The new head has a casting number "25500031". I don't see any numbers in the area on the used head.

The exhaust port on the used head appears to be ported also. The new head looks like it takes more head bolts.

Are you aware that these are real stage two heads, and they are most likely of no use to you unless you are building a low 8 second or seven second car? These heads Do Not work with stock type 86-87 intakes or headers And the the heater a/c box must be modified or removed to use these. These are pretty much full on race car stuff that requires A lot of fabrication and custom pieces to make them work. Not sure what you had in mind but these probably are not what you want. How did you end up with them?

Which set are you referring to? Or are they both the same expect the used set are a ported version?

I bought them, along with a bunch of other stuff, at an estate sale. The former owner was a big Buick guy but also had Chevy and Ford stuff. He had a tube chassis Camaro with BBC. He had a few turbo Regals. I think the quickest one was just a 9sec car though. There were multiple (4 I believe) aluminum V6 blocks too. Are these heads for those or will they fit a stock block? I didn't get the blocks.

The 25500031 are stage 2 heads. The ports are much larger and not just ported.

Neither set will work for what you have in mind, They are both pretty much the same one is ported one is not. Now if there were 4 aluminum T/A blocks there..... well you missed out on something good. Did the blocks sell while you were there?

Neither set will work for what you have in mind, They are both pretty much the same one is ported one is not. Now if there were 4 aluminum T/A blocks there..... well you missed out on something good. Did the blocks sell while you were there?
The blocks went to the guy's best friend. I'm not sure what, if anything, was paid to the widow for them.

So what would be a fair price if I were to list them for sale? The new set is bare. The used set is complete with T&D shaft mount rockers.

Theres really not much demand for them, I have a couple sets myself that I thought of selling and just decided it wasnt worth the hassle, people want to low ball the price or nit pick the stuff to death, so they just became garage art for guys to to look at when they come over. Do a search on stage 2 heads and you will get a feel for them. Hope you get a turbo regal one day they are great cars.

I know this is a very old discussion and I am new here and found this thread while searching for the Buick cyl head # 25500031 heads. I have a 1989 Tube frame Trans Am race car and not the Pontiac but it is a Buick V-6 powered Olds Cutlass T/A car and my cyl heads are tired and have cracks in them and have been welded before and I noticed in this conversation from Last year that some of you commented that there was not much use for some of these heads. Mine look just like the ones that this member Fullauto posted he got and they are the ones with big ports and roller rockers. I would like to learn more about them and if some of you have some you do not need as my car is not a turbo just a normally aspirated Buick V-6 274 CI 515 HP road racing engine. Most guy convert these cars to chevy V-8s but I am hoping to be able to stay with the Buick as I have read many great thing about them and hope to keep my race car original as raced. Thanks for any help I may be able to get and if Fullauto did not sell his unusable heads maybe he can call me.
Les 760-940-6365

I know this is a very old discussion and I am new here and found this thread while searching for the Buick cyl head # 25500031 heads. I have a 1989 Tube frame Trans Am race car and not the Pontiac but it is a Buick V-6 powered Olds Cutlass T/A car and my cyl heads are tired and have cracks in them and have been welded before and I noticed in this conversation from Last year that some of you commented that there was not much use for some of these heads. Mine look just like the ones that this member Fullauto posted he got and they are the ones with big ports and roller rockers. I would like to learn more about them and if some of you have some you do not need as my car is not a turbo just a normally aspirated Buick V-6 274 CI 515 HP road racing engine. Most guy convert these cars to chevy V-8s but I am hoping to be able to stay with the Buick as I have read many great thing about them and hope to keep my race car original as raced. Thanks for any help I may be able to get and if Fullauto did not sell his unusable heads maybe he can call me.
Les 760-940-6365

Les,

I'm down in San Diego so based on your area code I'm close to you. I have a number of sets of Stage II heads. I'll shoot you a PM with my phone #.

Neal

Back