You can type here any text you want

Cylinder head mods for TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RatFink

PutTheNeedleOnTheRecord!
Has anyone tried cylinder head mods to the TTA? I'm sure their are some that have, I'm curious as to what vendor has the best offering. I've heard that Extrude hone (spelling?) is a good choice as it just cleans up what is already a good design. The car has run 12.11 at 113mph with TE44, THDP,
42pnd inj, 60 fuel pressure and boost at 21 psi, 62 mm throttle body, casper's 7 setting chip set on 7 and alchy.
I didn't tune much, only ran 3 times and did moderate burnouts to heat up Nittos. Maybe I'm too hasty with wanting to get head work, the car may be capable of 11.70's, which is what I've dreamt of since getting the car 17 years ago. Any comments or advice on getting quicker and faster is appreciated.

Your car can go 11.70 with stock heads. Back on topic, my car has champion heads.

Jason

You can go low 11's on stock heads and longblock. Some have been high 10's.

Learn to tune, get the proper chip and handle the octane issue. 11's will happen.

Look at the recipes.. Its been done. Leave the heads alone until your a second faster.

hth

Thanks for the feedback. Who makes a good chip? I like the ability to be able to adjust the chip without changing the chip, so as to be able to set to stock position. Can an existing chip be reprogrammed?

Go with turbotweak. And to my knowledge, you can only get existings turbotweak chips reprogrammed.

Back