You can type here any text you want

cylinders 3 & 5 with weak spark with FAST

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttypewhite

I have the classic FAST bank to bank in my car. I started the car and it feels like it is running on 4 cylinders. I pulled the injector harness off those 2 cylinders and it makes a very suttle change. So i pulled off the spark plug wires on that cylinder and stuffed a plug in the end and keyed it over. The spark is very weak. I tried all the other spark plug wires and they are very strong. So I tried relocating the spark plug wires to see if its a dead wire. They work good in another cylinder so that elimunates the wires. I pulled the cap off of the distributor and changed the rotor and cap. Nothing, still running on 4 cylinders. I pulled out the distributor and put in another one, same thing. I also changed my coil with another one. Still no dice. Where else can I look? Why is cylinder #3 and #5 weak and the rest strong?

have you tried another msd box?

The capacitor could be going in the msd box whats the voltage the fast unit is seeing on your screen? Maybe your alternator is not charging when hot i had that issue before.

Here's a stupid suggestion. Swap the wires between 3,5 and see if they fire better. You can set the rotor at #3 then #5 and ground the points wire (on/off rapidly) and see how strong the spark is also.

The MSD box doesn't know what #3 and #5 is, the ECU knows if it's sequential, but I can't see how it could be the ECU in this case. Sounds like maybe bad wiring.

Ohm out the spark plug wires also....

Back