You can type here any text you want

dads car finally done

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sdteb

trying to get it like you
well to put it mildly we are just about done with this car.....
a good friend of mine painted and rebuilt the motor...restored the car....

MOTOR:

We took the jaspers motor out and went to a junkyard pulled a 109 block out of a 1986 pontiac bonneville. the car now has a balanced, forged .030 speed pro pistons and girdle 204/214 cam,turbo crank (did not have one in it), jet coated headers, jet coated 3 inch dp, poston crossover, dual fans from ramchargers f body radiator, earls tranny and oil cooler with precision turbo saver, amc alky kit with turbo tweak chip have not installed the gen 2 trans pro with extender chip 50 lb injectors, ...ported heads, we powder coated every thing i could, braided fuelines and oil and tranny lines, new alt. new compressor, new racetronix dual fan hot wire kit, racetronix injector harness ported tb and doghouse, All done by Dewayne.

PAINT BODY and INTERIOR: dupont toner black with who knows how many coats of dupont clear, new pass door out of junk yard due to rust in the original door.
entirely new interior, new front windshield thanks to me cracking the original, new carpet, new front and rear seat covers, new GM upper and lower door rubber moldings, new fiberglass head liner, fiberglass bumper fillers, new upper and lower door panels, also the new rechromed gn wheels, thanks to www.gbodyparts.com for all the parts to make this possible Brian thanks so much...cant wait to have the car in the car show next year at BG...

All of this would not have been possible with out dewayne mccauley who did every bit of the work with a more help along the way from josh and ryan...and of course i did a bit of the work with dewayne with many many late nights on this damn thing...wow did not realize how much work overhauling a car was...especially with only 2 people...
if anyone wants there car redone from paint work/motor/interior just give me a pm or email and i will get you in touch with him...see link below for pics

Shandy

www.shandy.com/dadsgn1

hope i did not forget anything...will have pics up of the work as we went along soon...

Thanks for sharing the build-up and pictures of your dad's GN! Sounds like a very nice ride and I'm glad to hear of someone restoring a Buick rather than parting it out. :) :cool:

I hate to tell you this....but...... they are never finished! Looks awesome!

Hi Shandy, hows it going buddy?

The car finally is "done" huh.... haha it never ends man, you know that!

She sure does look brand new again, nice and clean :)

Nice personalized plate.

Take it easy, see ya in BG

Oh yeah, You gonna start working on Joes old 86 GN?
Is that gonna be done for BG too LOL

BW

thanks

oh yea never done....

yes joe's old gn is going to be quite a sight...you will have to wait to see what is in store for it...lets just say...it will be a sight to see...no holds barred on this one...i am working lots of hours to pay for this one.....maybe one day i will have a limited also...ps joes old car is now the old lady's car as she helped me pay for it...

holy **** are getting the windows adjusted a pain in the ass on dads car...

Alright, i will have to hear what your planning for the GN..I should be on the road when you get off work. Gimme a ring if you want to.
Im going to break parts this weekend in the white car :wink:

BW

cool

ill call you tomorrow...wanna trade the ta for your white car? hehe

Back