Dad's GN stolen (1-5-08)

turboculosis

Pleasant peasant
1987 Grand National stolen from Walmart parking lot in Secaucus NJ. This car was my dad's which he's owned since 1991. NJ Lic#JV-848D. Noticeable things are:a year old paint job, stock rims,ttops has Buick Motorsports decal on both side windows,High Output V6 decal above 3rd brake light and a Kirban ram air kit. This is the car that my dad dreamed of owning back in 87. Finally got one 4 years later and got me hooked and I bought one eventually. Please. If any info in this area please contact me @ 551-358-6477. Thanks alot...

--Alan

Sorry guys. NJ Lic# is JV 849D. Will be posting up more info and vin as soon as I get them together. Thanks again-

Alan

Damn that stinks. Hope it found soon.

Here's the VIN#:1G4GJ1173HP461284. Other noticeable things are : no side moldings,no hood buldge decal,NJ inspection sticker is a "9", Bf goodrich tires all around blk side out.fronts are 225 60 15 and rears are 275 50 15. Dual pods on pillar (boost and knock).This is the only digital pic I have of the car but it's kinda dark. Please excuse the date,I never set the date on the camera. The insurance co. is on the claim and we're hoping for the best "$" wise if not found or total loss. Thanks again to all for the support.

Attachments

• Dad's GN 013.jpg
    Dad's GN 013.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,202
I'm a new member and live in north jersey. You have my word when I say I will keep a close eye out for it. I hope it is recovered quickly. Just out of curiosity, did it have a kill switch in it?

dam sorry to hear about such a loss:( , i had one stolen from me also, i feel your dad's pain.

I didn't think these cars are still hot for being stolen, but then when you consider how easy it is compared to today's cars with chips in the keys and ignition it makes sense. My mechanic installed a hidden kill switch connected to the computer so even if they break the ignition open and hot wire it the car can't be started. Then again nothing beats a flatbed truck.

Sorry To Hear About That Ill Keep An Eye Out 4 It. Havent Hear From U In A While. Is That The Car U Ran At The Track Rental About 2years Ago

Hey George, How ya been. No, This is my father's GN. The car I had at Atco is mine.--Good hearing from ya....;)

Alan,I work for the freight Railroad in Jersey City and am up and down from Kearny to Campbell Hall,NY if anything is seen on the side roads I'll contact P.d for ya'.....Joe

Thanks guys!!! Well the car hasn't been recovered and probably won't be. :frown: But still got some hope left, hey ya never know. It all falls in the hand of the ins. co. and how much they are going to pay vs. value of the car. But not until next week, needs to be a month long w/out recovery of the car before total loss is considered.And w/ that money, however how much.. we will be TR shopping once again.:eek: :D And the first bolt on will be a Lojack and a few other things we have in mind.(security-wise). Thanks again to all looking out for us, we deeply appreciate it.:cool: