...damage update..

TType84

cookin with propane
well .. looked @ car again today in the light, ext damage:

front fillers cracked where they bolt to the fenders.. headlight bezels dont fit flush w/fenders anymore :(

pop hood.. realize the hood insulation is WAY worse off than it used to be.. its REALLY f*cked.. plugwires under the dp.. COOKED, FRIED, LITERALLY CAUGHT ON FIRE.......

i will show yall pics.. i guarentee youve never seen this before, the plugwires were on the VC, yet still got hot enough to CATCH ON FIRE.. there are burn marks under the DP and on the up pipe wrap...

it looks like the dr header is really cracked too..

inlet pipe (maf to tb) is cracked halfway around, and my airfilter isnt even connected to the cold air kit anymore...

i couldnt check for play in the shaft, but i think the turbos okay.. changed oil and filter, cranked to see if i could get oil press but the warning light never went out, im hoping the senders wires may have gotten cooked or something, i really hope the motor is ok....

ill let yall know when we find something out..

That really sucks. Sounds like they beat the hell out of it. Are you saying the header wrap burned?? I've abused my car in the past and never had the problems yours has. It sounds like they were trying pretty hard to mess it up.

no, the fire from the plugwires like cooked the wrap a lil.. its okay though..

Sounds like they ran the thing lean and really got it HOT

They probably filled up with regular unleaded and detonated the h*ll out of it...I would drain the tank and refill with premium and hook up Tlink or DirectScan(don't remember if you have the 87 ecm swap) and run the motor and see how it is...change all the fluids before you do...make sure no coolant in oil and vice-versa...Hope everything turns out ok...

Good luck...

i dont think they filled it up.. im hopin not cuz im thinkin the trip meter was ~280 and it was resting around ~301, so 20 miles, on the 2 gallons it had left sounds about right..

the tank is 100% empty, i think they just left it idling when they ditched it, cause it doesnt even have enough gas to get over 20psi fuel pressure.....