You can type here any text you want

Dash swap

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bakerlaw67

BQQSTED
Has anybody done a complete swap of instruments from a 84+ Regal to the 78-83? If so, how difficult was it? If not, why not? I have been thinking that the PRNDL indicator might be off, but probably not (fewer changes=lower production costs)

The real question is whether the dash pod will accomodate.

The PRNDL shouldn't be a problem, since it just uses a wire and clip that is totally adjustable. I think the instrument clusters will interchange in the dash pad. It's the wiring that I would be concerned about.

What's the motivation behind the swap? I don't think the 84/87 cluster has anything extra to offer. :confused:

My gauge surround is in pretty sad shape. A good deal of the "woodgrain" is peeling, and as I'm sure you know, there aren't a ton laying around with the 5 holes. There are, on the other hand, a great deal of 84+ speedos/trim. I haven't resigned myself to it yet, but...

One of my other ideas is to strip all of the old decal off and apply a carbon fibre decal sheet. I guess it is kind of ricer, but it will look better than the plasti-chrome shining through crappy woodgrain. Heck, I even thought about some kind of black contact paper, but I think it might be a little thick for this.

Maybe I could look for that late '70's chrome-looking little circle decal stuff that Pontiac used on T/As. ;)

Back