dash...

orion681

Too fast?...I think not!
i am going to replace the dash speakers in the gn with some sharp MB Quarts. how much of a pain is it to get to the speakers? I havent had it apart at all, and i would like to know what i am in for.

Piece of cake.
Probably should be in the car audio forum, though.

Hopefully, the MB's dont have a tweeter sticking up too far, they might cause problems.

All you need, is a Torx T-10 driver, take out the screws that hold the cover on, should be at least 6.
Careful pulling the cover off. The thing can crack easily.

Each speaker is held by 2 Phillips screws, which can be kind of a pain to get to, since the windshield is there. You can get an offset screwdriver in there, or I just used a phillips bit and turned it with a ratcheting box wrench.

You will either have to cut and splice new connector leads on for your new speakers, or get an adaptor from a car audio place.

If the tweeters stick up too far, they might crack your dash. You can try and bend the side tabs on the speakers, which will make it sit lower in the hole.

Then, reassemble and enjoy!

I just put new Infinity Kappas in mine and it was pretty easy. The tweeter did stick out to much so I cut out a 3.5" hole in the dash with a dremel tool. It looks pretty good but not stock any more. I just wish the new 6x9's would have fit as nicely as those 3.5". My 6x9's are resting on the torsion bars.:mad: I wish I could get them to fit better.