You can type here any text you want

Data Logging Help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tony Shoaff

Is anyone out there having troubles with the power logger having port error troubles when trying to record during runs?? I really need to record my runs and read the data so I can adjust as needed! Anyone??: Thanks.

I do get Port errors from time to time. First I shut down the program and reopen it. Or I reboot the PC if I have to. But it is somewhat normal to get port errors.

Is anyone out there having troubles with the power logger having port error troubles when trying to record during runs?? I really need to record my runs and read the data so I can adjust as needed! Anyone??: Thanks.

Haven't suffered any port errors. What are the versions of your PLC(powerlogger console) and what is your PL (powerlogger) flashed to?

I think it may be PC related. I have had port errors on every version. Except for the new version I just loaded for the TurboTweak SD chip. But I have barely used it too. But some of my buddies have not had any port errors. And we ran the same versions but ran on differnet PCs.

Like Dave mentioned, you may want to reflash the logger with the most current version and see how that works.

I never see port errors, so I'm having problems fixing whatever the issue is.

But, there are newer drivers that we have been using for quite a while. The new drivers should be 'better'.

For the guys having issues, post the computer type and windows version also.

I will look into the possible causes.

Bob

Some of the issues sound like laptop issues, i.e. it works great just sitting here, but has issues when launching. The PL can't sense movement, but some laptops have 'hard-drive savers' that will pause the hard drive when excessive G's are sensed. This may be the cause of some of the troubles.

Bob

This is more of a WINXP or Vista issue than PL.

I have seen it when you hibernate your PC then bring it back up the USB port gets confused.

Haven't suffered any port errors. What are the versions of your PLC(powerlogger console) and what is your PL (powerlogger) flashed to?

How do I find that info you need?? Sorry I am computer dumb. Bob I have a Dell with windows xp?

This is more of a WINXP or Vista issue than PL.

I have seen it when you hibernate your PC then bring it back up the USB port gets confused.

I hibernate my laptop a good bit, but I'm always careful to close running programs first. It only takes a couple seconds to restart PL.

How do I find that info you need?? Sorry I am computer dumb. Bob I have a Dell with windows xp?

PLC/PL version: open PLC (the powerlogger program) connect to the PL (F8), hit F1, and click the "About PLC"

On the driver version, thats done thru device manager with the PL connected. Right click on My Computer, choose properties, in there navigate to hardware, device manager. You will have a "tree" showing all the hardware devices inside and connected to the computer.

There is a driver in the USB section, and there is a driver in the Ports section. you can right click those and look in properties.

Bob

How are you hooking up to the laptop? If its USB, I can get a port error every time because I only have my Serial to USB cable set to one port. If I plug into any other USB port on my laptop I will get a port error every time.

How are you hooking up to the laptop? If its USB, I can get a port error every time because I only have my Serial to USB cable set to one port. If I plug into any other USB port on my laptop I will get a port error every time.

Read your ****ing post and help me with something that makes sense. I am really getting tired of senseless post on this board.

Wait, so me reading YOUR post and asking a simple question warrants an insult? Youre running faster than me, I guess my questions or possible advice wouldnt mean squat to a "pro" show off such as yourself.

Good luck with your problem. :rolleyes:

Whenever I get a port error, I run the usb cable in and out of the pc a few times. That seems to take care of it for me.

I suggested to you some things to try the other day so I'm not going to say them again. You know what you need to do.

Here is a link to for the drivers and latest PLC version. PowerLogger Software and user manuals - Full Throttle Speed Tech Support

I am trying to find another laptop Rick. I have 2 Dells:mad: I am trying to gather all the info I can so I can get this issue fixed because without any data I am Boosting my luck. Any recommendations on a laptop?

Wait, so me reading YOUR post and asking a simple question warrants an insult? Youre running faster than me, I guess my questions or possible advice wouldnt mean squat to a "pro" show off such as yourself.

Good luck with your problem. :rolleyes:

That's Right Mr. Whut :D Also I use a USB port and the rest of your question makes no sense to me. I was not trying to insult anyone.:eek:

That's Right Mr. Whut :D Also I use a USB port and the rest of your question makes no sense to me. I was not trying to insult anyone.:eek:

Eh, internets always making things look or sound worse than intended.

As for laptop recommendations, I couldnt help you there. I have used Dell's, IBM's (current), HP's, Gateway's, and Compaq's and havent had a problem. My only suggestion is what ever you buy make sure it has Windows XP on it as Vista is not compatible as far as I know.

There are some using Vista.

I have had real good luck with the IBM thinkpads. You can pick up a nice used T40 for arond $200.

I have my eye open. If I find one, I'll grab it for you.

There are some using Vista.

I have had real good luck with the IBM thinkpads. You can pick up a nice used T40 for arond $200.

I have my eye open. If I find one, I'll grab it for you.

Hopefully you will find one.:D I cannot find my computer guru?? He is MIA.

I just spoke to the network administrator at my work today. It seems there is a stockpile of IBM T41, T42, and some T43's in the back room. I told him he could release them to me and I am sure I could sell them all on this board. He said he would look into it, at the very least we may have an internal silent auction so I could try and pick up a couple to sell back off on this board.

I am currently using a T42 with my FAST and have had zero problems with it.

Back