You can type here any text you want

Datalogging question / request opinions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gospeed.racer

We have a couple racers that run standalones and they have a hard time starting the datalogger with their gloves on- its a reach and too many other things going on between the burnout and the run. I have built them a pushbutton that they can mount on their dash or console, and plugs into the USB port (or PS2 with an adapter) and it works as a "spacebar" press. We only have one person using a FAST system, and he requested his to perform an "enter" command instead- which brings me to my question....

Of those of you using a FAST system that datalog your passes, which do you hit, the spacebar or enter key? I know the difference in what they both do, I just want to know your preferences. I am assembling a few units to have ready and I am not sure how popular the "enter" version will be. It looks like everyone else (Accel, BS, AEM, etc) uses just the spacebar- correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for your time

Back