You can type here any text you want

Day of the Benzs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
Since the weather has been so nice I dusted off the GN and put some 100 octane in it. I have a 98 octane chip in it and a little over 20 PSI. Mickey Thompson ET radials out back.

I'm cruising down the hill on my way to the lake to play with my remote control boat with my son. This big Benz ragtop is riding me hard the whole way down the hill. I'm just cruising at the speed limit. I get to the bottom of the hill where I merge onto a 4-lane (2 in each direction) highway. Waiting for traffic to clear, I begin to spool the turbo. I launched it hard and he took off hard behind me without stopping at the stop sign. I took it up to 65, which was like the blink of an eye and only when I let up did he begin to close the gap. He was a lot closer to me throughout the little sprint than I thought was possible. However, it may have been an SL600 which would explain it. It was either a SL500 or a 600 anyway.

So I'm cruising around again and I roll up behind an SLK32 AMG in the far right lane of a 3-lane wide highway. V8 Kompressor it says. Hmmmmm. Nothing ahead of us, he's first at the light. He rolls out slow for about a second and then I hear the V8 scream to life. Having already cleared the slow pokes in the other lanes I went left and easily blew past him. As I went by I could hear him winding it out. It was quite a rush and such a crushing blow to the little Benz that I actually felt bad.

Anyhow, I'm diggin' the weather so far this holiday weekend. I plan to flog the GN for the next few days....

Jim

Originally posted by rtviper
the 32 amg is actually a v6 not a v8

I know, I realized that later when I looked it up. I went by him so fast all I saw was V-something and another word that I figured was Kompressor. It did sound nice though. They gave them a decent amount of throat and bass.

What's funny is that later in the day I broke my transmission against a Pontiac G6.

Jim

Back