Daytona 500

SS/GN

Just watched a little of the Daytona 500:rolleyes:They have made everything so even that their is no racing.Just a bunch of couples following each other around:pThe only place you will find that many men rubbing each others rears is in a gay bar:rolleyes:

Kevin

Not a bad race to watch.Different. Better than that single file,no passing stuff of the past. Not a ford fan by any means but Woods Bros. team deserved the win.

Naps-car is so boring that even the golf on CBS that was on at the same time seemed full of spine tingling excitement! If that is their "superbowl" than the rest of the season shold be worse. This race looked like a bunch of rental cars chasing that awesome new Camaro. That Camaro pace car sure made the Naps-car cars look boring. Thanks God NHRA starts next week!

I'm not a fan but watched some of the race today.

When did they start pairing up and pushing each other like that?
I get the concept of drafting but....really? the whole race?
All I kept doing was shaking my head saying wtf...

I didn't think nascar could get any more boring to watch, I was wrong.

I'm not a fan but watched some of the race today.

When did they start pairing up and pushing each other like that?
I get the concept of drafting but....really? the whole race?
All I kept doing was shaking my head saying wtf...

I didn't think nascar could get any more boring to watch, I was wrong.

I'm not a NASCAR junkie, so I don't really care what happens to the sport, but the reason they were racing like that is because the Daytona track had a major overhaul in the off season. Something like $20 million was spent in new sub-base & pavement.

So, now the track offers a much more stable surface and pairing up like that offers a huge advantage in speed and position. Pairing up like that vs single cars jockeying for position is around a 10 MPH difference.

Naps-car is so boring that even the golf on CBS that was on at the same time seemed full of spine tingling excitement! If that is their "superbowl" than the rest of the season shold be worse. This race looked like a bunch of rental cars chasing that awesome new Camaro. That Camaro pace car sure made the Naps-car cars look boring. Thanks God NHRA starts next week!

if the golf was so much better, then why were you watching the race?

I watched, just hoping JR was going to do it:frown:

It was an exciting race. I like it better than before the repave...

Was glad to see such a nice kid win! Plus it wasn't a Buch Brother that won:biggrin::biggrin:

Some guys ran all day on the same left side tires? WTF? The tires should wear out in a fuel run. That's the first reason it was boring.

Running in the 2 car draft was interesting but some guys could stay behind for a long time so no swap. Problem 2.

Michael Waltrip left the race after causing the first 2 cautions. If he stayed in there was sure to be more than the 16 they had.

What is with them allowing the cars to talk to each other? Even from other teams? Got to be the stupidest thing they've ever done.

My Sprint Cup racing has gotten so money driven and rediculas that I don't really care that much about it anymore. Hell, the second driver they interviewed after the winner was Dale Jr. He finished way out of the top 10.

"Thanks God NHRA starts next week!"..... Like that crap is any better.
The SOS. Watch the John Force, Schumacher bunch do what they've been doing for 15 yrs....

Next rule change, cars will have Velcro on the front and rear bumpers.

Loved watching some of the old clips they showed over the weekend when the Regals were ruling the track. Good old days. Guy that lived about a mile from me when I was in high school in Madison CT owned the Race Hill Farms Nascar team and they actually won Talledega one year. Look at the rear bumper in that one pic, looks like a stock one to me! below are pics of the car and also photo finish pic of it's only win.

Attachments

• 800px-RonBouchard47racecar1983.jpg
    800px-RonBouchard47racecar1983.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 182
  • 800px-RonBouchardPocono1985.jpg
    800px-RonBouchardPocono1985.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 179
  • Ron-Bouchard-Talladega.jpg
    Ron-Bouchard-Talladega.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 181
nascar

nascar might be boring to some, but look at the payout now if dragracing
nhra or ihra paid that no way, i have been a nascar, usac fan since 1956
earnhart jr has no trouble getting sponsors, back in 2000 dale earnhart
made 53 million dollars racing and selling tee shirts, etc, no bad for a person with no education, TV dragracing nhra or what ever should show more than the pro classes,
oc,

I think it is just boring,all the cars look the same.:rolleyes:Motor combinations are a joke,ever see Toyota build a push rod motor:pIf they want to slow the cars down make them run the bodies that are production with a small spoiler and min wing;).The speeds will come down all by themselves.If the body is not good enough go to a different brand or work with the factory:rolleyes:Oh and take the radio's out,I believe at least 1 accident was coused by a driver texting his partner with a strategy:eek:

Kevin

Maybe next year have the driver's pound a beer every ten laps!!!:D That should liven things up!!;)

Next rule change, cars will have Velcro on the front and rear bumpers.

Loved watching some of the old clips they showed over the weekend when the Regals were ruling the track. Good old days. Guy that lived about a mile from me when I was in high school in Madison CT owned the Race Hill Farms Nascar team and they actually won Talledega one year. Look at the rear bumper in that one pic, looks like a stock one to me! below are pics of the car and also photo finish pic of it's only win.

i like that the Buick is sponsored by a Chevy/AMC/Jeep/Renault dealer..

glad to see the small team beat Hendrix and everyone!!

Toyota had a trick up there sleeve when they entered NASCAR since they didnt make a pushrod motor they could go through and design a motor just for this lol nobody like that i thought it was great. I do like my toyota trucks. I dont know how those motors stay together so long 9000 + rpms all day thats alot for that long i remember when they only reved to 7000 lol