You can type here any text you want

Dead Powemaster?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ledzeppac

ok well my brake light doesn't flash at all, but I have noticed that the brakes arent as "good" as they used to be. Also, what concerns me the most is I hear a "sqweeking" sound, or like a duck type sound from the powermaster when the car is on. Its always doing it, maybe there is a leak? Time for a new powermaster?

Phil:
My powermaster on my old turbo-t went out at about 80K miles or so, but about a few thousand miles before it went out, is started making that squeaking niose also. As far as a leak, checking around your brakes on each corner and see if there are any telltale signs of leaking. I had a leak in one of the wheel brake cylinders, causing the powermaster to run all of the time, causing it to burn out. HTH

Wells said:
Phil:
My powermaster on my old turbo-t went out at about 80K miles or so, but about a few thousand miles before it went out, is started making that squeaking niose also. As far as a leak, checking around your brakes on each corner and see if there are any telltale signs of leaking. I had a leak in one of the wheel brake cylinders, causing the powermaster to run all of the time, causing it to burn out. HTH

Thank you sire, now I guess I know what I'm getting for Christmas :rolleyes:

Mine also squeaked before total hard pedal. Check for leakage inside car at pedal area. its your call but id fix it before damaging car.

Definately pull off the rear hubs and make sure you dont have an accumulation in there. It will leak like mine did and since it sloshes out at high speed you cant even trace it. Be careful cause if that crap hits the tail pipe. (Flamin Buick)

Wells said:
Phil:
------------------------------------------
FWIW:
Oops, my bad, this or a similiar thread was posted somewhere else and I was informed that a leak in the apply system would not cause the powermaster motor to run continually or the powermaster to fail. Sorry for the incorrect analysis corrective action plan.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173929

Cool thanks Gary.... Closer inspection today I see that there is some brake fluid on the unit itself....

Out it goes and Vacuum most likely in....

Back