Decision Time

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Well tonite I ran 23.0 PSI

then a little more boost.. 24.5

Said.. I get a good 60 foot..10.xx should be there.. Then a little more boost.. 25.1

Track prep was gone. :(

I drive back to staging..

Pete(staging official) says.. "Wade's(track manager) been letting you do this for the past year. Your "officially done" till you get proper safety equipment" :eek:

So what to do..crank down the boost... or CAGE it :confused:

31 K mile car

I got kicked out finally :D

geez, your lucky you went that long. they kicked me out my 2nd trip to the track , thanks to you,:D . i know what your saying with the cage though. not sure what im going to do either.:D

Ahhh man, That means they're going to kick me out too. I know they have their eye on you now till you get a cage or low boost and that will affect me.

Looks like I'll have to run it hard the first pass soon as we get a good air day.

Bo

Curious, is it just the ET/MPH that they are worried about.( caged @ what MPH?). How do they know what your boost is @.

"Honest, I lowered my boost way down like you ask. I don't know why I ran a 10.980 @ 126.4 ;)

Good luck with your quest.

personally I would do a nice cage ... it can be a "bolt" in ... :( ...30k car ??? wellll big decision I guess :confused:

I got it.. next time i'll change my name to Bo and they'll let me run a few more times :D

My buddies with the Buicks have had theyre cages done by Ernie McDaniel down in South Florida.. That guy can do some really nice work.. He's a little Grumpy tho.. ;) Cash only.. be on time.. no BS.

A while ago one of my goals was to get kicked out.. not sure I wanted to accomplish the goal this way. Guess the 1/8 mile track is going to be my new home for a while. Especially with the we've been letting you get away for a long time speach.. Figures my track went to NHRA cert this year. Maybe I can push the new rule 11.49.. and run the car at 19 PSI.

IHRA vs. NHRA

I heard they went to NHRA when I was watching some runs earlier in the night. Wondered if that would change anything. Guess we have our answer.
Here's my answer: I'd turn the boost down, then the last run every night turn it up to 25lbs, but leave directly from the top end of the track, after you pick up your timeslip :).

Ken

I was in your position a few years back, with a very stock 23K mile car and was just getting into the 11's. Englishtown can be strict especially when running events/points(I've been yelled at for an 11.99 once :rolleyes: )so I knew once I got rid of the stock turbo/injectors I'd have to put a cage in or stop racing(or slow it down, something I'm not willing to do).

I sold the car and built my GTA(which was half done anyway). If I didnt have my GTA with a cage and fuel system in it already I probrobly woulda caged it and kept racing.

It's just a car after all :D

Steve

Razor, I thought you had said earlier that you were trying out a liquid intercooler, have you had any luck with that?

We had tried it on Bo's car and it picked up a few tenths. I sent it back for fitment issues and never heard back.

My DS recordings show my car at ambient through the traps. Actually two seconds into the run the temps drop 10 degree's below ambient then climb. Yesterday nite I was getting 78-80 degrees full boost.

A liquid IC may hurt performance if mixed with alky. Last thing you want is a really cold shot of air not letting the alky flash.. like when you first slam down the pedal.

Ken, at least they give you a time slip if you make it down the track. Moroso wont.

Steve.. I hear ya.. i'll think about it. BTW, do you have pixs of the cage/bar in your car? Could you email them to me.

Bo.. missed ya last nite.. was hoping for a little competition. Would have been cool both TTA's got kicked out
:D

Welcome to my world! Untill the "Pure Stock" rules went into effect, my track would boot me after 2 warnings! Sucks that my car stands out so bad....can't hide like the other cars do. One time to the track, one of the officials rode down to the tech lanes on a 4 wheeler to give me hell before I even took it out of the trailer!! Ever since we got our NHRA certification back, they've been break'n balls every time they can. I had another tect official walk up to my car and check the tires while in staging....looking for those DOT's. That won'e be an issue this year when I show up with those new MT drag radials:) I feel your pain Julio, I was in the same decision boat last year....what to do??? I did some extensive research on roll bar kits that are NHRA legal and came up with nothing I liked or had the $$$ for. How do you think I feel, 15k mile festival car and want to run fast as possible. This year I'm going to play the BIG mph game. If I can't reel you in with a modest 60' and BIG mph, then it's looks like you won then race.

Well congrats on finally getting kicked out :D

I was in the same position as you are but didn't want to put a cage in. It all depends on what you want to do with the car. If you plan on selling, think of that as that usually isn't a good selling point. Might be to some though.

If you really plan on keeping it and want to see how far you go, then put it in.

The last thing would be to keep it as is and only go to track rentals and such as tech is usually pretty non-existent.

Get some pvc piping and some padding and make a roll bar ;). Heard of someone making one of those bars for the back of their pickup it was torn down and the results posted somewhere, too funny.....

It'll be cheap and how smart could they be if it looks like a bar and is stiff like a bar it's gotta be a bar.......

At least you are getting runs in, this is the mildest winter i've seen since coming back to the states(knock on wood) and the damn track is closed. There's some real nice air here it's a shame....

Guess i'll be hiding at my local 1/8 mile track for a while. As soon as the car is running solid 6's, i'll sneak it back in to the 1/4 mile track..

Dont get it, Saturday was a track rental..

I have someone that could put a really really nice cage in the car, airbrushed, swingouts, etc.. probably cost 1400-1500. Havent made my mind on that, if so..it will be the summer. Got to take advantage of this weather.

Plus I need to drive to BG and show Joe how it gets done..

Joe, run you for sum RRRRRRRRRIIIIIIBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZ..

Official member "Palm Tree Possie"

:D

Booostie Boyzzzz