You can type here any text you want

Delayed Oil Flow?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mtocrs1

Mtocrs1
I posted this in another thread and didn’t really get an answer so I will try again. What can cause delayed engine oil flow to only cylinder #4 exhaust rocker arm? Once it starts flowing it is fine. Does not flow oil until coolant temp is at 160 degrees! Once it starts flowing it is fine. Can a bad lifter cause this? Top of the valve is starting to show wear.

I posted this in another thread and didn’t really get an answer so I will try again. What can cause delayed engine oil flow to only cylinder #4 exhaust rocker arm? Once it starts flowing it is fine. Does not flow oil until coolant temp is at 160 degrees! Once it starts flowing it is fine. Can a bad lifter cause this? Top of the valve is starting to show wear.

Yes, or a clogged pushrod. Possibly a worn lifter bore, too.

Thanks for the response,
I have checked the pushrod and it does not appear to be clogged. Man I Hope it is not the lifter bore. Any way to check for lifter failure itself? What would I look for? Anything that can be done without pulling the intake? How in the hell would the lifter bore get worn? Might be time to go roller cam. Scared to replace a lifter with flat tappet.

Back