You can type here any text you want

dfi 72's lost program

• Thread starter Thread starter Turbo 6 Justin
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
T

Turbo 6 Justin

okay I had a pretty good list of base programs but I found out that water and floppy disks make a bad combo. So I am back to stage one. Anyone lend me their help in getting a base program. I know lonnie helped me in the past so if you read this can you send me it again? I have chainged my thoughts on the DFI, what I was told and tried in the past was to set base fuel pressure at 35 and this way the low pulse width would be okay. the problems I am having is that the idle FP is in the high 20's which is causing idle problems and low boost it is not running right at all, no matter what the tuning is. so after lots of talking at the NATS I am going to jump the base FP up to 40-41 and then go through the whole tuning again, and see if I can fix these problems, but my only fuel map is way off so I just want to start again, PLEASE HELP

One other thing that still bothers me about my DFI, I have the 3 bar map and at say 20psi it pegs the scale on the fuel table and shows more boost than 20psi on the view screen, is this a common thing built into the DFI much like the timing being different than actual or is something screwed up? I asked this same question a while ago but never got any conclusive info.

try sending any files or info to tclement@aol.com since that is where I am logged in and it notifies me of any new e-mails/

Thanks in advance

I cant get your e-mail to go threw. Do you have another e-mail address

I guess I typed that wrong it should be tinaclement17@aol.com. thanks again lonnie. just make sure you send the whole file as a few times you have sent me files in the past I open them and it is just a long list of numbers.

If I remember correctly the name of the file I liked was 721.dfi or something like that, I believe this was a 50lb program by ken that was ramped up for the 72's?

Drop and drag the file to Calmap/unvrsl. Only open the file in calmap do not open in windows. If you open the file in windows you will get nothing but a string of numbers and also you will corrupt the file and it will be useless. This program should be fat as it was used in a 9.70s car but seems to work well.

Back