You can type here any text you want

DFI, F-body HEI

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

540Malibu

for anyone that might be able to help me, i am putting a F-body distributor (small cap HEI external coil) in my Malibu, i have the adapter harness to the GEN 7 ECU, but how do i go about wiring the 300+ ignition into this setup. I am using the coil that comes with the 300+ (only 2 wires, 1 connector). where do i connect the pink wire from the adaptor harness?, and what to i do with the 2 pin connector on the distributor?

thanks

okay, i got it running BUT, it only fires every other time its supposed to (1of 2) or even more than that (1 out 4 times). according to my timing light (known works). i set calmap for 8 cylinders, injector order for 18436572 on bank to bank. I cant figure out why, its running through the factory module, do i need to take this out, and use the distributor just as a magnetic trigger? if so which wire do i connect to which (crank +/-). also something weird, i turned off my fuel pump (seperate circut) and the motor kept running at twice the idle rpm (2000) for like 1 minute until i shut the ignition off. this is very confusing:confused:

Back