You can type here any text you want

dfi help needed so. florida

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

11secmonster

anyone? i have accel dfi and i think it might be burntout or???
fuel pump only turns on with hotwire and car wont start even when its getting fuel.....HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP :)

Batch fire or sequential? big black boxc or small silver? Open the cover, see if you see anything burnt inside? LIke the circuit board. GO to the view screen, see the sensors are reading correct, and see if you get an rpm signal showing while cranking. Check to make sure all your fuses are good and the jumper adapter harness did not burn or loosen some connections.

Will Check In A.m. Thanks....btw
Silver Rectangular Box And Another Harness Like Thing Attached With Blacktape All Around It..not Sure If Thats A Jumper Harness???

yes thats it, take all he tape off carefully, sometimes they corrode.

Norbs....i Put A Test Light To Injector And It Lights Up....fuel Pump Will Only Run When I Hotwire It From Pump To Battery.....fuel Pressure Reads Only 25 Psi....is This Enuff Fuel Pressure To Start My 500 Rwhp Car????if So Is This A Symptom Then Of A Bad Dfi???just Trying To Give You Insight On Whats Happening With My Car.....

Sounds like thats not enough pressure you should have at least 37 psi there to start the car. SOunds like you have a voltage problem in the car. Loose ground, whats the volts showning on the dfi view screen? press V

gm norbs......i dont have the software for the dfi :( or the laptop cable...i bought a complete dfiu setup off ebay.ill have it in a week......ill try the ground issue as i know theres a loose ground by battery.ill tighten it down and see if fuel pressure goes up........can fuel filter be clogged?? also remember i have to hotwire fuel pump to turn on.....it wont turn on just from me turning key to start car

Back