You can type here any text you want

DFI help!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BigChinooks

I bought a dfi for my car (old) and it came with a variable inj controller and a complete wiring harness.
-2 inj harnesses(1 attached to main harness,1 seperate)
I would like to know if i can mod the factory harness or do i need to pull it out?
I had dfi before but it did not come with a complete harness or a variable inj controller. (plug and play).
I have no instructions at all and have never seen a variable inj controller before (was this an added bonus or needed cause its an old dfi)?

If you can help that would be great!
Have not been able to reach shipper.

Thanks,

Mike.

If you have 2 harnesses, it is likely that one of them came with the VIC.

Use the one that came with the VIC, it is a heavier gauge wire.

Just my 2 cents.

Update.........I pulled the stock inj harness and put the vic harness on and started with my stock main harness BUT it is connected to all relays/brakes/dash etc!
The dfi harness seems to be for the engine only with 10 cut wires and no ends!
I have no idea where some of these ends go.
I do not want to start hacking at my good stock harness!
So thats where i stand and am now going to reconnect the stock harness unless i can get some kind of diagram as to what to cut and what not to cut (not likely).
I am now after an INTERFACE HARNESS for the dfi so i can use my stock engine harness!

Anyone have 1???

Mike.

Also is the DFI strictly gen 6,6.32,7?
Or is there a gen 4?

Thanks guys!

Help!

Question about the vic:Where does the green wire(ref)plug into?
It does not seem to be in the instructions.
I do not fully understand how this works,i am going to use the stock engine wiring harness except for the inj harness(which i will use the provided vic harness).
Now i have my engine harness not pluged in to the injs,with the vic there is no wires for my injs going to the dfi,so how is this supposed to work??
This is how it is hooked up so far 1)plug going from vic to inj harness.10 pin
2) 3 pin going to vic power cable.
3)+ and- wires from power cable to battery.
4)pink wire to 12 volt switched.
5)green single wire marked REF goes to ?????
I think it must go to the dfi otherwise i cant see how the dfi will work without the inj harness hooked up direct to the main wire harness.

No one here has ever used a VARIABLE INJECTOR CONTROLLER??
The mister gasket link does not mention the 3rd wire(green) that comes out of the vic!
My guess is ignition,and on the unit it says REF.

ANYONE?

I would call Duttweiler Performance down here in CA.

Ken can tell you for sure.

His number is 805-659-3648. Call him at 8 am or so, he is usually in by then.

I am running a batch DFI and added a VIC several years ago. Email me and I'll set you up with the info you need to wire your car.

I did not use the factory harness to feed the injectors. I made my own injector harness that plugs into the VIC 10 pin connector.

I beleive the REF green wire is the injector trigger wire which can be fed from any one of the 6 injector driver circuits that come out of the DFI box.

Dave

Back